I would like to know what you think about these boats

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Garett

I would like to know what you think about these boats

Post by Garett »

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time being on this site, and I am super stoked that I was told about it.

I know that some boats make better c1 conversions then others. Out of the 2003 line-up, could some experienced C1er rank the boat's using a number scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the best, 10 being the worst, under the following headings:

Big Wave Aerial Huckage:

Big Hole Maneuverability:

Comfort:

Thanks Garett
:P
dillonpro
Pain Boater

about boats

Post by dillonpro »

Garrett,
We need to know your weight, height, etc.
LarryD
Garett

Here's my stat's

Post by Garett »

Sorry, here they are,

Weight: 160lbs
Height: 6' 2''
Foot size: size 10
Waist: 34''

I've been kayaking on the Ottawa River for 7 years and my main interest is surfing huge waves and getting trashed in huge holes.

Example: Surfing Kahuna, Bus Eater, and getting trashed in Phil's hole and third wave at Colesiem.

Hope this helps
dillonpro
Pain Boater

hugh waves and holes

Post by dillonpro »

Garrett,
I'm in a higher weight range than you (200+) and I'm not particularly fond of hugh anything pertaining to water :o ,class 4 is my limit so I will be of limited help. Probably my only suggestion for you would be a WS BigEZ. I love my Super EZ and find it very stable, easy to roll, roomy and handles class 3-4 water well. Hopefully someone else with your interests and or weight range can help. Good luck.
LarryD
Garett

Thanks for your input :D

Post by Garett »

No worries,

I've tryed a BigEZ and I'm looking for something shorter,

Thanks again,

Garett
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

I am at 150 and I LOVE my new Vibe... it goes huge on a wave, and is great in a hole. I hit my first loop ever on my 3rd day in it and it was a big-un.
here's my inital reactions to the boat
http://cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?t=2103

good luck
TIm
James
C Guru

Post by James »

I am loving my space cadet, I`m 175lbs. Learning to get air on big waves, super fun and pretty forgiving. Tumbles when carwheeling, but whatever. Super super fun spud boat. Also have heard good reviews of the Dagger kingpin

Comfort I wouldn`t worry about between the various boats, only Riot has a smaller cockpit these days (I think necky went bigger this year), which can be painful with big fat legs.

You might want to try the pocket rocket, but I find flatwater and river running fine in the space cadet, for a 6 foot long C1 anyways...
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Havn't paddled one but try a Chronic. Brooks goes huge in his kingpin too...
Garett

Thanks Everyone

Post by Garett »

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my progress as I try new boats, and ideas.

Thanks again,
Garett
Kev

Post by Kev »

im 145-150lbs and paddle a Kingpin 6.2 c1 and love it. Def give the Kingpin a try it really fast, and a great wave/hole boat.