Er, yeah. Avoid the rocks.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Brettal
C Guru

Er, yeah. Avoid the rocks.

Post by Brettal »

Brought the Viper out today, paddled for five minutes, switched it out for an Encore. Just wasn't feelin' the C-love today.

BUT it was beautiful day for paddling - fog on top of the mountains and hills, rainy, all sorts of fun weather, and a bigger release than projected. So I have a few good pictures that I'll be sending to Adam of various folks trying to catch some waves, and there should be a couple good ones of the two boats that went through Zoar Gap, including a surprise (involving almost-carnage and a new dent on a boat).

I might be getting out a couple more times this fall, on the Deerfield some more and maybe the Souhegan if we get any convenient storms. Can't believe it's taken me 'til the end of the season to get out and paddle some of the white stuff :roll:
abird

deerfield

Post by abird »

the deerfield is always one of the prettiest rivers to paddle on. what a great place is fife brook. but i can imagine the day will come when the fishermen will be trying to "save" that river too . . .

but until then, long live c-boats!
Alden
Space Canoe
C Guru

Yeh

Post by Space Canoe »

Yeh, I hear that! Got on the river once this season so far; went out to the garage for the bubble wrap:
"What's that ? Oh, yeah, that's the TipTop that you bought and COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT!!!
Yeeeeesh!
The good news is that even though I have to pay a user fee per boat, I'm allowed to keep my access to my teachng course. So maybe later this year....................

Ric