falls c-1 video clip

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

abird

falls c-1 video clip

Post by abird »

i posted a story on here about how my kayaker friend tried to run my c-1 off our local falls. well, ever since he landed on his face doing that he's had much greater respect for cboating. so much respect that now he's even worshipfully videotaping my runs . . .

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/photos/?photoid=5340
Ocoee Boater
Pain Boater

Post by Ocoee Boater »

dude that video kicked a@% 8)
You can pick your friends
You can pick your nose
But you cant pick your friend's nose!
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Great video!

Post by NZMatt »

..and a nice boof too!

Quick question - do you always turn as you boof? I've been trying to figure out boofing with a single blade for some time. I haven't had too much trouble on small ledges boofing over holes, but for bigger drops I've nearly always ended up landing with a lean away from my paddle (after the boof stroke). I had my first clean boof off a local falls (~8ft) in my Detonator this weekend, but am still curious about what one is meant to do.

Matt
abird

boof

Post by abird »

a picture-perfect boof wouldn't turn like that, but i guess i was getting lazy. i had already run the falls three or four times that day. a perfect boof would be from straight-on and land dead straight, but that doesn't always happen.

i dunno, i used to be really gung-ho about running waterfalls, but im starting to think maybe there won't be too many more in my future. it's starting to feel less like a rush and more like pain.
later
Alden