Anyone actually KNOW Maxwell?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

C1kelly
c

Anyone actually KNOW Maxwell?

Post by C1kelly »

I'm just beginning to wonder.

At the beginning of October he posted that he was selling off his last dozen wood/carbon paddles. When I emailed him a few days later he said he still had one left, and so I sent him a check. I know Tim (Timzjatl) did as well. He cashed mine a couple weeks later.

That was a month and a half ago. Now it wouldn't bother me so much except that I've tried emailing him several times, and get no response. So I haven't heard from him since that very first email where he said he still had one (and that email response came within a few hours). I know Tim hasn't heard anything from him either.

There may well be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but like I said, I'm just beginning to wonder.
_______
Chris
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Maxwell

Post by Sir Adam »

I DO know Maxwell, thought he's not in my area, and he is a good guy-I suspect he's just really swamped right now (that's why he stopped making paddles-no time).

I hope your paddle arrives soon-they're nice sticks!
Keep the C!
Adam
Judd

Post by Judd »

I also ordered a paddle and had my cheque cashed about 3 weeks ago. I managed to get a hold of maxwell yesterday by phone, he told me that the paddles would be in the mail by the end of this week. He said that his computer was fried and he had no way of checking email atm.

I've been told by a couple of people that he's a good guy, so I'm hoping that everything is true and I'll get my paddle next week sometime.

Oh, he also said that he lost a lot of people contact information, and he'd be posting here asking for it again in the next couple days.

fingers crossed,
Judd
Glenn
c

Post by Glenn »

I ordered a paddle as well. My cheque has also been cashed. I e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago, and got no reply. I then called and left a message. He did get in touch with me last week. Explained that his hard drive melted and thus he did not have my information. Since then he re-assured me that he has my paddle and that it is on it's way. The paddle is a gift, and I needed it by Nov 23. Maxwell assured me that it I would have it by that date; he offered to deliver it. Things then kinda fell through since I was not going to be around on the weekend, and I think he was also expecting me to meet him half way. Since he has the paddle I suggested he just ship it Canada Post. The last e-mail I sent to him was on Friday Nov 21, asking that he send it in the mail. My fingers are crossed. Hopefully I'll have a paddle by the end of the week.
I've asked a few folks about him, and generally speaking the response has been positive. Hey… he's a C-boater after all.
I let you know how things turn out.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

I called him a few weeks back and he is trying to get them out. I have one coming as well. He is having some "personal" things going on at the moment and I'm iced in now so I'll be patient.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

glad to hear

Post by sbroam »

Glad to hear folks have been in touch with him lately.

I can understand the computer problems - these things are less reliable than a microwave, but have become more important than telephones in the conduct of communications and business. When you are a small operation that counts on a computer and it craps out on you, you generally don't have the safety net of redundant systems and backed up data...

I originally got a paddle from him over a year ago - it was slow to come, but worth the wait. "A bargain at twice the price" as they say. I'm waiting on one, too!

Scott