OC1 advice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Stephen

OC1 advice

Post by Stephen »

Hey gang! I'm looking for a playboat. I've been paddling an old school Encore and a Dagger Honcho. I loved suring the kayak, but can't seem to get the open boating out of my system. I'm 6'4", 230. Any suggestions for a good compromise?
sean

boats

Post by sean »

At your size it's tough for me to give been there done that advice but one boat that comes to mind is a madriver outrage X, dagger caption paddled solo, boats such as these have the volume to give you a good day. I guess I don't think you are to big for most open boats because canoes such as the phantom and or ocoee have capacities of 430 plus pounds.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

V12

Post by sbroam »

Mohawk Viper 12 works great for me and though I'm not so tall, I've been nearly that weight. In addition to the others mentioned, an 11 or an Ocoee should work, too.
Kalifornia_Kid
C Boater

Post by Kalifornia_Kid »

8)
An Outrage X might be good for you, its pretty good for me, also, you might try the ocoee and the Viper 12, if you can find one you might like the Dagger Rival too. Also, Bell is introducing a bigger version of the Prodigy, the Prodigy X (mad river copycats), so if you feel like hangin' for a while you might try one of those. Even at 220 I thought that the prodigy handled really well, so I'm kinda excited about getting into the P X. Luck2Ya Dude,
Kalifornia Kid
8)
GET OFF MY KOOL-AID!
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

I'm almost your size, depends on your size/ability, blah blah blah...
The rival/outrage i find to be a little too soft-chined. It makes for an easier paddle but you dont get the same edge when going in and out of eddys. The Ocoee has my vote, it's light, fast, tracks well. Bell Canoe works are accepting orders for them now.
-- Cya