Airbags: NRS or Voyageur or Other?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

chris

Airbags: NRS or Voyageur or Other?

Post by chris »

I am buying new airbags for my Superfly. These are the first I have bought in years, and I have heard mixed reviews on all. I have narrowed it done to NRS or Voyageur, but am open for anything.

What are you experiences with these?

Thanks.
Chris.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

pyranha airbags1

Post by the great gonzo »

Chris,

Check out the pyranha air bags! The factory air bags that came with my Pyranha Prelude have by far the best valves of all the air bags I have seen so far.
As far as I know they are also used in the Spanish Fly, and since the Spanish Fly is just a somewhat modified Superfly, so they should be a perfect fit!

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Regina
c

Both are durable

Post by Regina »

I have used both the NRS and Voyageur airbags and really prefer the Voyageur bags. The NRS bags, in my traditional OC1, have thinner walls and are constantly trying to pop out of their lacings and rotate when you roll. They are like a giant amoeba that I am constantly trying to beat back into submission to stay in their rightful spot. Because they are popping out, I don't think they displace as much water as the heavier Voyageur bags. I finally got fed up with them and took them out. Back to the old faithful Voyageurs, which usually stay where they belong.

Since the ends of your Superfly are mostly covered, you may not have the same problems that I had, but be warned.