Minicel Foam - Good Price and Info

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kneeler
C Guru

Minicel Foam - Good Price and Info

Post by kneeler »

Repost from Boatertalk:

I was unwilling to accept the prices for Minicel foam that I found at outfitters shops and many of the online outfitting sites. I decided to look for a dealer outside the industry.

I first ordered a minicel sampler from a commercial retailer to educate myself on the different grades. As best as I can tell, the standard minicel grade used by the industry is L-200.

I shopped around looking for the best price. The best price I found was through Merryweather Foam in Barberton, OH. For a 3" x 48" x 54" "bun" of L-200 minicel in a choice of white (natural) or grey, they charge $37.60.

With shipping, the total cost was $51.80 with shipping to Connecticut. They have to cut the bun in half to ship it without oversize charges. I believe the shipping charge is a little high but, in total, they still came in under the other companies that I contacted. As it turns out, had they realized earlier that I was not a business, I would also have had to pay tax. Keep that in mind when ordering.

They do not accept credit cards and they made me wait a little long for my check to clear but otherwise the customer service was excellent and I am happy with the product.

I have no connection with Merryweather Foam. They did not give me a price break or anything. I just thought I'd share the result of my efforts. If you would like to contact them, the info is below:

Lee Carr
Operations Manager
Merryweather Foam, Inc.
11 Brown St.
Barberton, OH 44203
Phone: 330-753-0353
Fax: 330-753-1127
e-mail: lee@merryweather.com
Cone Bone
C Guru

Thanks

Post by Cone Bone »