C1 conversion troubles

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SlickStick
C Boater

C1 conversion troubles

Post by SlickStick »

Hi

Im new to C1. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to convert a Bliss-Stick Slick-Stick into a C1 without having to drill holes in it. I have looked at the outfitting pages and i think that i need a system like the one used in the robson twin-tip, but the page wasnt too specific about how to get the design of the saddle right or what the best ways of glueing/fixing were.

please could someone point me towards a site or just give me some useful tips

Thanks

Peter
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Look to your left & click "TEAM etc". I used it & made no permanent modifications to my Big EZ.
PAC guest

Team etc

Post by PAC guest »

I used a modified version in a number of boats. Mike's boat is nice too!
Use a heat gun to form to fit boat with plastic in the boat - mark up and cut. Remember to measure 3x and cut once. Use existing holes to bolt, using stainless steel.
The glue used is Weldbond (red can - not water sol.) - rough up both plastic liner and minicell - glue without parts in place - reglue and stick together. There is also a 3M glue that is bomber but it is expensive.
you can purchase straps or make your own out of larger webbing. Good luck and have fun. If this doesn't help PM me with your particular issues - I'll try to help.
Paul C.
mikez

Post by mikez »

I use the standard Daggar C-1 outfitting in my foreplay complete with the hipgrabber. The only new holes I put in the boat where for the hipgrabber which required two holes just to the rear of the cockpit for a brace that I made. Otherwise, I was able to make the Dagger outfitting work using the factory holes along with some velcro aln glue.
I've done it this way so I can go back and forth between C-1 and K-1 with realitivly little fuss.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

i put the daggar stuff in my flipstick. i did drill two holes up on the sides but i don't really worry about stuff like that. they can be filled with bolts or bubble gum or something. the nice thing about the daggar stuff is it's so easy to swap into another boat when you get tired of this one.
have fun!
Larry

Post by Guest »

Hi
Thanks very much for all of your help, it has been useful

Peter