Definitions needed: cboat, paddlesnake

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Roger

Definitions needed: cboat, paddlesnake

Post by Roger »

What is the definition of a cboat?

What is a paddlesnake?

Thanks.

Roger
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

CBoats...

Post by Sir Adam »

My definition of a "CBoat" is a whitewater canoe, either decked or open. Technically I guess a CBoat would be any canoe, or rather any craft paddled with a single canoe paddle from the kneeling or a raised seat position. I suspect most folks who say "CBoat" are refering to a decked canoe, or C1, though 8) .

I'll leave it to others to explain paddlesnakes :wink:
Keep the C!
Adam
Roger

Post by Roger »

Then why are many of the boats displayed on this site, under C1 Rec Boats, etc. kayaks?
TommyC1
C Guru

Kayaks & paddlesnakes

Post by TommyC1 »

Kayaks?
There's plenty of decked canoes but no kayaks on this site.
I guess some of them used to be kayaks, but they been fixxed.
Nope no kayaks here.
You guy's seen any kayaks?

Now paddlesnakes, those are found in rapids through out the world. They are super intelligent reptiles with a voracious appetite for paddles. Paddle snakes, unlike us, don't care if they are true paddles or those silly double bladed things.
You be running a rapid when WHAM! paddlesnake grab your paddle. Maybe rip it out of your hand. Maybe chomp it right in two. In either case you be up the creek you know?
Watch out for the paddlesnake.
Roger

Thanks

Post by Roger »

Thanks
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

NICE Tommy T:)

Post by Sir Adam »

Very apt description of a Paddlesnake if I ever heard one 8)

Roger-I can confirm what Tommy T stated-there are NO Kayaks on the "Boats" pages-they are all either Open Canoes (OC1 or OC2) or Decked Canoes (C1 or C2). The only Kayaks are within the "Outfitting" section where converting kayaks to a more honorable craft :wink: is discussed.
Keep the C!
Adam
Sandie_
Pain Boater

Post by Sandie_ »

Sir Adam: "a CBoat would be any canoe, or rather any craft paddled with a single canoe paddle from the kneeling or a raised seat position"

Is a coracle a cboat then? Cool.

[img]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/sandie.wainwr ... oracle.jpg[/img] Me in a coracle.

http://www.coraclemaker.co.uk/gallery.htm

Sandie
I think I have just lost all street cred on this forum
Jim P
C Guru

K1 on the Rec page - look again

Post by Jim P »

On the C1 Rec Boats page, top right, pic, the boat between the Viper and the camera sure looks like a Butt boat to me.

BTW the same pic appears on the Viper page should you wish to expell the interloper :roll:
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Sandie,

You can get your street cred back if you run McCoys Rapid on the Ottawa in your coracle 8)

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

yup:)

Post by Sir Adam »

We had this discussion a while back, and decided even the Revolution ("C2" catamaran) was probably a CBoat. Thankfully limiting CBoats.net to whitewater craft helps a lot. Yes, I WILL put a picture of you in the Coracle up...IF it's while you're running McCoys:). Phil's would LOVE that thing I'll be :lol: .

Jim P.-I should have been more specific-no boat page is dedicated to a kayak...some images that are of CBoats MAY include training cboaters with "training paddles" :wink: ), but they are incidental to the discussion 8) . You'll notice more on the Armada pages, for better or worse....
Keep the C!
Adam