2005 World's Prelim C1 and OC1 Results

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

willlyons

2005 World's Prelim C1 and OC1 Results

Post by willlyons »

Not sure how many people advance to the Semi's from this, I think only the top 5. From www.xackers.net:
C1
1. Stuart Morris - GBR - 331.33
2. Stefan Paetsch - GER - 309.25
3. Kynan Maley - AUS - 254.67
4. Adam Marmion - AUS - 237.25
5. Marc Girardin - FRA - 231.17
6. Seth Chapelle - USA - 209.67
7. Joe Stumpfel - USA - 208.67
8. March Foltete - FRA - 198.50
9. Bill McKnight - USA - 189.33
10. Igor Juanikorena - ESP - 170.83

OC1:
1. Paul Danks - CAN - 53.83
2. James Weir - GBR - 48
3. Jamie Burbeck - GBR - 40.75
4. Mark Scriver - ESP(?) - 32.42
5. Jordi Domenjo - ESP - 20.5
6. Stefan Paetsch - GER - 17.5
7. Donald Calder - NZL - 15.25
8. Jeremy Blanchard - AUS - 15.17
9. Eli Helbert - USA - 14
10. Gary Finlay - AUS - 10.5

These are only the top 10 because I was lazy. Looks like the European's and Aussies have us beat in C1! Again, I don't know how many people advance to the next round. I'll try to find that out.
will
Jay - UK

Post by Jay - UK »

Us europeans sure are beating you lot - where are all your paddlers? GBR were out in force as well as creeking i do abit of playboating in a mates wheelboy when i can, maybe we are just better! :lol:
racer x

boatin

Post by racer x »

wow, I looked at the full results, and there are only 19 c-1s total . . .

jay, i dont know. The Europeans have not traditionally done well in rodeo. The US has typically dominated. I think it's nice to see other nations (especially the home country of Australia -- which is not, I am told, in Europe . . . ) catching up to us.

After all, we don't want to have another US sweep like in C-1 in 2003:

1. Bill McKnight USA
2. Luke Hopkins USA
3. Barry Kennon USA

and the results in 2001 for C-1:
1. USA
2. AUS
3. USA

Also consider that the last time a European won men's kayak at the Worlds was 1995. The USA has won the last 3 in men's kayak.

And -- Looks like our own Mr. Smerda got 11th in open boat.

We could use some of that warm weather around here.
Alden
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

Mark Scriver is Canadian.
Drop Waterfalls, Not Bombs

Post by Guest »

I know, that's why I put the "?" by his name. Didn't know if he was having an identity crisis or something (which I'm sure happens a lot among you canadians:)
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

^hahahahaha
Drop Waterfalls, Not Bombs
Craig S

Post by Craig S »

8) Well it's been an interesting story here... a 14 hour plane ride from LA to Sydney... the weather has been brutally hot or raining. The Venue is man made and it has that feel to it. The feature is a fairly flushly and extremely fast hole. (I was hoping more for a wave :cry: ) It's funny when everyone you talk to about their practice rides comments that they can't do anything consistently. Even folks who have been here for a few weeks prior to the competition are finding this feature tough. There have been some awesome rides in C1 and in OC1 the highest competition scores of any worlds. Paul Danks (CAN), James Weir (ENG), Jamie Burbek (ENG), Mark Scriver (CAN), Jordi??(ESP) all made finals. 9 out of 14 of us got to cry in our beer last night. I personally had two of the worst competition rides ever... moves I had done with consistency where not working... and I have a load of excuses I won't bother telling today....

I hope to update this on Sunday after finals...

CUSoon!
Craig Smerda
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

WOO! go team GBR :P
Steward

Post by Steward »

Hey, Michael Lamarche is in 14th, A good old town Canadian boy.
Good on him!!

Go Mike.
CraigS

Post by CraigS »

for results see http://bliss-stick.com then go to the worlds page, then results.
David Good
Pain Boater

World Pics...

Post by David Good »

Anyone know where I can find pics for the C-1 world? Bliss Stick seems to overlook us.

Take It Easy,

David