Are their no Spelling Nazi on here?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Are their no Spelling Nazi on here?

Post by Louie »

I've been posting for a month or better and ain't had my large steaming pile of dog doo jumped once over my spelling or grammer.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Louie, if it bothers you, I could volunteer to become the spelling Nazi 8)

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Louie

No I kinda like it, BTW is there a spell check on here?

Post by Louie »

We can just leave that group on that other site.
dixie_boater
C Guru

Spelling nazis, trolls and posers

Post by dixie_boater »

Louie,

On this site we are all single bladers who don't hassle each other like you've experienced on Boatertalk. We get enough grief on the river from yakers so we don't start that crap here. We understand each others posts whether we mispell something or not. There are few if any trolls on here because no one takes the bait so they go elsewhere. Most of us are serious OC or C-1 boaters who discuss boat designs, outfitting and paddling. We have every type of canoeist on here: playboaters, rodeo boaters, slalom racerheads and plain 'ol river cruisers (like me). We've got young paddlers (wish we had more!) and old timers like you and me. Folks on here are from England, Italy, Canada, Russia and the US just to name a few places. For the most part we all get along just fine. Wish the real world worked that way.
Louie

Sounds good but about that old timer comment................

Post by Louie »

I got a 16 year old ( 17 next week) that would be caught dead on that other site, I'll see what he thinks about this one.
Jim
C Guru

Do not believe the BS!

Post by Jim »

Louie:

Do not believe those guys. You are getting all this nice treatment because you have a Tareau AND you are offering to let others try it.

That means we all want to be your friend. We will let you spell any way you want. You can say anything you want. We all want you to come to the Armada. We all want to share beer with you at the Armada. Then, when you are too hung over to paddle, we will fight over who gets to try your boat!

Welcome friend (with the boat that I covet).
Jim
MotorCityOC-1
C Guru

Post by MotorCityOC-1 »

I'll happily act as grammar police and special deputy prosecutor for misuse of the word 'literaly'.

Hope this helps,
K
TommyC1
C Guru

Post by TommyC1 »

Fer cryin out loud Louie!
Ya spel better than most of us.
Just leave my sweet ole gramer alone an well get along jus fine.
Louie

I like this place,

Post by Louie »

You don't have to get me drunk or hung over to use the boat but if you give me your C1 to paddle while your in my boat don't expect me to wear no skirt.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I can't wait to see you skirtless in my Acrobat. Just be sure to strap in tightly so you don't loose the boat :o
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

We are an international group on this message board, so spelling issues have been kinda unimportant--especially when you consider the wealth of information our neighbors from across the "pond" bring us (I'm referring to Europeans from across the Atlantic Ocean :P ).

KNeal
Louie

Acrobat, Marshell Fox has loan Chad one of those six or

Post by Louie »

seven years ago and we can't get him to take it back, He going to large steaming pile of dog doo when he sees the storage bill for that one.