Can anyone compare a Forplay to a Big EZ?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Can anyone compare a Forplay to a Big EZ?

Post by Mike W. »

I've been paddling my Big EZ for a few years & while it's great on a steep wave, it's slow. Real slow. I won't paddle anything harder than the Ocoee in it. How would a Forplay do for an all-around river running play boat for a 190lbs. paddler? I want some more speed, but don't want to give up the surfability of the Big EZ. I also want to be able to bow & stern squirt it.
Thanks
TommyC1
C Guru

Post by TommyC1 »

Never paddled an EZ but I've been trying to get used to a Foreplay for a while. It definately likes a fast wave. It's slow as a dog compared to my Slasher or Outrage but it spins a lot better. I have trouble with the bow sinking when I'd rather it didn't (like offside ferries) and I do a lot of bracing when I'd rather be paddling :oops:
Oh yeah I'm 190 lbs as well.

Tommy

OH yeah in case you couldn't tell I'm a total wannabe when it comes to playboating and a class III river runner at best.
I can bow do bowstalls in the pool and hope to get at least a flatwater cartwheel out of it before the end of this summer.
I bought the boat from Alden and while he does not seem to be into playboating I'll bet he could give you a real good acounting of pro's and cons of river running in this.