Has Drakkar gone down for the count?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Boise Bob
Pain Boater

Has Drakkar gone down for the count?

Post by Boise Bob »

I have not been able to go to the Drakkar website for a couple of weeks. Anyone know if they are still alive, well, and producing boats?

Marko, where are you?
C1 Throwdown--Ride'm Cowboy!
Drew W.
Pain Boater

Post by Drew W. »

looks to me like they got too popular, bandwidth limit exceeded
Boise Bob
Pain Boater

Where is Drakkar

Post by Boise Bob »

Not for the last 2-3 weeks straight. It's something else, since the Backwash parent company also has this same problem. It could be a virus that's taken over their server or ...
Marko
Pain Boater

DRAKKAR website

Post by Marko »

HI mates !!

Sorry for the website. it has gone too popular :-)

Our webmaster is out on holidays + paddling and i were in Poland trying to work out how some new DRAKKAR boats.

We seem to be both out of bandwith and out of diskspace. We will soon be back with completely new website and some new products. We vill launch the Junior and Bigboy officially @ kanumesse soon. But they are both aviable now. Bill will get his BB soon.
--
Marko Hakolahti
Designer
DRAKKAR
www.drakkarkayaks.com
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Marko, any info's on the timeline for the Fatboy?

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Drakkar

Post by billcanoes »

I've heard three rumors of this over the weekend- I have 11 boats on the way, so it doesnt appear to be true. I have one wheelboy in stock for those who think I'm wrong and want to get the last known wheelboy in the US.
I was born 7/4/69 Drakkar has just sent me the finished pics of the big boy "america" the other big boys are also one of a kind- the unifinished big boy america is currently on my site- www.liquidmojo.biz the new pic will be update by the end of the week.

There is currently not a release date for the fatboy- Drakkar wants to ensure everything is top notch so they can release when it is done rather than when they say it will be ready, I will order them when available.

Bill Reap
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Drakkar site is back up

Post by billcanoes »

Pics of the bigboys and K55s and jr kayaks are on it- I know at least 3 of these are for me- but I think all the pictures might be my boats. hehehe

http://www.backwashkayaks.com/drakkar/n ... l#06072005
Marko
Pain Boater

Bill

Post by Marko »

Hi

Bill , those are mainly for you .. i just put some selected photos up there your latest boats are really nicely painted. Andrej is our artist and he has the touch and the style.

BTW: Drakkar will be up with some cool new C-1 stuff really soon. be warned.
--
Marko Hakolahti
Designer
DRAKKAR
www.drakkarkayaks.com
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Post by billcanoes »

Thanks Marko,

The boats look awesome -Andrej did a super job painting-you did a suuper job designing.

Can't wait for them to get here!

Bill
Boise Bob
Pain Boater

Be conservative with your announcements

Post by Boise Bob »

Marko,

I appreciate your dedication to the C1 community and I'm enjoying my WheelBoy. I look forward to your new C1 gear.

However, I find myself ignoring any of your availability statements. For example, the WB availability of May'04 was actually Sept'04. The WB hip-grabbers are still not available. I will not be shocked if the FatBoy availability is June'06. There is no Drakkar C1 paddle.

Keep up the excellent work, just add a bit more reality to your availability statements.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

easy now Boise! relax.... let's try not to be so....um.... . :o

Marko's excellent optimism is, i'm sure, the only reason the wheelboy is being produced. :D

are you still coming to reno or cali ?
Larry
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Drakkar

Post by billcanoes »

Hey Larry and Bob,

I think the production date being accurate is as important as any other fator
It ewould be nic to have class partidipation'''bil
Pawel
c

Post by Pawel »

Hi Bob,
You're right we're always late! :oops: It is not because we work so slowly, it is because we are a perfect implementation of an old saying "when something can go wrong, it surely will". A primary example: only recenlty have we received a shipment of useless ratchets for the thigh straps - it takes time to replace them and causes delay.
We, I am very sorry. But I am sure you will be positively surprized when you get your hip grabbers from Bill... When? SOOOOOON! :wink:
Pawel Szydlowski-Drakkar Kayaks