Millbrook "Fatboy"?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Millbrook "Fatboy"?

Post by squeakyknee »

I picked up a Millbrook Fatboy #9 from a friend.
I'd love to know more about it.
I Freakin' Love it.
Alan B
Pain Boater

Post by Alan B »

what do you want to know? it's a great boat.....
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

Just curious what the boat will stand up to as far as drops over say 5ft?
Obviously I wouldn't want to pencil into the shallows or land on rocks.But more over, would it withstand large boofs?
Shawn
Alan B
Pain Boater

Post by Alan B »

That is a tough question.... back a few weeks, I mentioned on the forum about the first time a did any damage to my Defiant. It was a diime size chunky crack on the stern after doing a pour over on the Lochsa River in Idaho. I think the Millbrook boats hold up very well. I own an Ocoee and the two boats have taken some nasty blows and in some cases the glass shows less abuse. Though I believe I am a skilled boater, paddle difficult (western) water and paddle often, I am pretty careful with my gear. I have had my Defiant since early '99 and the Ocoee since '00... I paddle between 85 and 120 times a year and both boats are in good shape. Seal launches, boofs etc., are not something I seek out very much. I like slalom racing and paddle rivers like there is an imaginary slalom course hanging there. Anyone else have an opinion on 5' boofs in a glass boat?