slalom footage

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bearboater
CBoats Addict

slalom footage

Post by bearboater »

anyone have any really comprehensive Olympic C-1 and C-2 footage? i really want to see the final Runs for Estanguet, Martikan, Pfannmoller, and the others. if you can make a copy, or perhaps make a back up and accidently lose it my way that would be uber appreciated.
thanks
or if anyone knows a link to anywhere on the web, i had a site 4 days ago that had estanguet, Martikan, and Pfannmoller, but i lost the site.
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Ken D
c

Post by Ken D »

Here is a link that I have that has quite a few of the olympic runs on it.

http://www.eauxvives.org/slalom/

Click on the videos link on the left side of the page.

I also heard a rumor that Jim Michaud had most of the runs on a DVD.

Ken
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

thanks alot Ken, that is the one i was referring to in my post, and wishe i could find it again. that was where i saw the final run for Michal, and Tony, both very good runs save for Michals bobble at the top of the course.
Jim Mchaud has a dvd of all of this?
are there any more?
is this true?
what?
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boating

Post by Alden »

I just got some new stuff - footage of the 2005 Worlds (the top 10 c-1s) in Penrith, and also footage from the 2005 World Cup race in Augsburg. That one is really cool because it was taken by the US coaches and features US C-1s Benn Fraker, Jeff Larimer, and Austin Crane. It shows them doing the moves, and then it shows a few of the top international guys, Estanguet, Martikan, Jan Benzien, Juraj Mincik, ect. It is pretty humbling because the Americans C-1s hit gates and occasionally have to loop, but guys like Benzien and Martikan make it look so easy. And this is all especially humbling if you have paddled with the American C-1s and know they are way better than you!

I am crafting a new website to promote my guidebook (www.neguidebook.com) - it's not really up yet, but I may try to put some particularly illuminating clips from this footage on there.

Alden