Drysuits

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

aargh
C Guru

Drysuits

Post by aargh »

Has anyone bought/tried/used a Tropos SuperNova Paddling Suit from Kokatat?

Any advice on drysuits to get, or avoid?

Thanks!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I just bought a Kokotat Meridian.
1-Gore-Tex is worth the $$.
2-relief zipper is worth the $$
3-Gore-Tex socks are amazing :P They're comfortable. They don't cut off your circulation & the suit is MUCH easier to get on & off.

About the only thing that I could critisize this suit on would be the entry zipper. I think if it were a few inches longer it would be easier to get in & out of the suit.

I've bought quite a few boats for less $$ than I shelled out for this suit, but if you're going to paddle when it's cold, it is worth every penny.
Jon
C Guru

Drysuit

Post by Jon »

Got one of these too. Fantastic for cold weather. Unfortunatly I got the Mango one so I would be more visible floating down the river. It's a dirt magnet. Get a dark colour.
Martyn
Pain Boater

Post by Martyn »

I've had an older Stolquist and now have a Helly Hansen. If you can pick up a Helly Hansen, I would recommend it but am not sure if they are still in production. The suit is really good and the customer support is excellent.

I agree with the previous posts - goretex is defintitely worth the $$$. The relief zipper is nice to have - in my opinion the booties are more value, they keep your feet dry and don't cut off the circulation.

For what its worth, friends of mine have bought drysuits at MEC. They had some problems with the suit, and MEC just replaced it for them. That's customer support!

Martyn
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

I bought a Kokotat before they made the Meridian suit and love it.
Go Gore-Tex with a relief zipper and socks.

If you paddle decked then get a tunnel and you will be set.

Kokotat well made, good service.
Sorry but I don't know their supernova suit but you will not go wrong with Kokotat.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marc Evans
C Guru

Kokatat SuperNova Reviews

Post by Marc Evans »

If you go to Paddling.net there are some helpful reviews of the Kokatat Supernova semidry suit. The url for the reviews page is

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/Accessories.html.

If you happen to purchase one, post a review on CBoats. I'd like to hear your opinion.

Marc