New Guidebook Website

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Alden
CBoats Addict

New Guidebook Website

Post by Alden »

Hey everyone,

Just as David has a new website, I do too these days. It's a website about my upcoming guidebook, Let It Rain, which has been a couple of years in the making. Here's the site, enjoy:

www.neguidebook.com

Also, I wanted to add that the book will have a very strong canoeist presence - C-1ers and OC-1ers. If there was the chance for me to use either the picture of a kayaker in a certain rapid, or a canoe - well, you can guess where that went. There is an article, for example, in the beginning of my book (admittedly, written by a kayaker, although one who visits this site) about "How to Boof" - and while it does show a kayaker demonstrating in pictures, it also demonstrates how to do an offside boof in C-1 (demonstrated by Joe "Montana" Stumpedfel).

Alden
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

NE guidebook

Post by billcanoes »

Is there an estimated print date?

Bill
Jim
C Guru

AB

Post by Jim »

Looks great!

Let me know when I can pre-order my copy.

Do not blame the publishing date on the races- I expect to see you working on a lap top between runs. Good luck!
Jim
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Bill,

Hoping to hit the press June 1st . . . or sooner.

Also, I want everyone to know that I have a picture of Smerda, and like it or not, it's going in the guidebook!

Alden
NEOC Slalom Rules
C Guru

Post by NEOC Slalom Rules »

I agree with Jim. Racing is no excuse. Perhaps a picture of you working on a lap top during a run added to your website will convince us of your dedication and discipline to finalizing your labor of love. Any chance of allowing me 10 minutes on Photoshop with Craig's picture before you commit it to print? I promise I'll only improve it! Heh, Heh.
Pat
Also perhaps a little Czech beer could help spur you on. Cancel that, I meant a LOT of Pilsner Urquel.

Pat (and Tully)
Open Boat/Open Mind
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

:o Why is it I have the distinct feeling that Alden is out to get me? :lol:
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

It's a marketing ploy, Craig. Folks want to see people they know shown doing funny things - like someone throwing a rubber chicken at them while they are surfing Route 3.
Alden
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

what kind of jacka$$ would do something like that?..... oh! that was me! :lol: