C1 Slalom training advice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Col
Pain Boater

C1 Slalom training advice

Post by Col »

Hi all,

In a bid to improve my OC1 river running and Freestyle skills this year I bought myself a slalom boat from a friend, the boat is great carbon kevlar, stiff light and a recent design.

In addition to my river running and freestyle practice i plan on attending some slalom events here in the UK. Can anyone recomend a good website or a training plan that i can follow to help develop my skills and add some structure to my training in slalom.
C - UNIT..!
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

Hi Col,

Look no further than your backyard:

http://www.slalomtechnique.co.uk/

Best of luck!

Tom
NSOC1
C Boater

Post by NSOC1 »

Also, if that isn't enough, www.daveyhearn.com looks like it may have some good stuff. Haven't really checked it out myself, but have heard it has good info.

Nate
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

I can second both of the URLs referenced above. On Davey Hearn's site, select "Coaching" and you'll find a lot of good material. Don't miss the opportunity to download e-copies of Bill Endicott's classic texts on whitewater slalom; although the rules have changed somewhat since these were written, they still have loads of good advice. However, both these sites focus on decked boat slalom so you'll have to sift through what is and isn't applicable to open boats.

John
Col
Pain Boater

Post by Col »

Cheers guys,

I am afraid that Open (boat) Canoe Slalom does not exist in the UK. Its a shame, if it did i may be National champion as i would probably be the only one there.

I will be entering our divisional system in Decked C1 slalom, starting in Div 4 and working up to Premier division.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Happy C Boating : - )
C - UNIT..!
andy walker
c

Post by andy walker »

If there were, I'd be prepared to give it a go in an open, but I guess neither an outrage or a skeeter are ideal anyway... so you'd still be national champion :)

Good luck in the slalom,

Andy.