IF.........

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

IF.........

Post by Craig Smerda »

... you could have any kayak out there to convert into a C-1 $-free-$ for one season... what would it be and why? Take this an an opportunity to "pretend" you have an unlimited budget and loads of time to paddle.... oh and a $-free-$ gas card! :D
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Necky Zip. It's wide enough to be stable. Looks like it surfs pretty good & has enough length to maintain some speed.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

el jeffe.... cause it 's a big gamble to buy a new one, and i bet it would break within a year if i liked it. so free would be the way to go on that one...
Larry
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

A new Drakkar composite kayak, so I could tell Marko to ship me another Bigboy instead.

That way I could paddle the new one and not worry about beating the crap out of it :D
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

One of the new Liquid Logic CR's,they look wide enough,playful,and the front of the cockpit is raised for more volume @ the paddler.(which is knee room for us)
MotorCityOC-1
C Guru

ah, pretending!

Post by MotorCityOC-1 »

If I get to play pretend why can't I have a purpose built C-1 in plastic?

I'm sick of converting kayaks. Let the training blade crowd convert some C-1s!
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Model?

I can't even decide whether it would be a creek boat or a play boat.

P.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

I'll let you know after the Armada when, hopefully, I have a chance to test out a Maven! And based on my experiences with my Wheelboy and the Big Boy, a Fatboy would be nice too!
Oh, wait you said Kayak to convert....
Actually I'd rather go for the really big dream and have a herd of C specific (OC and C) designs to test, demo and drive around the country side with! Or is that being too unrealistic!

PS: I've been looking at a Jefe but I'm keeping my George Washingtons in the dark of my wallet for the time being!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

well, no kayak conversions for me any more... but as PAC mentioned, a Fatboy would be nice... if it ever makes it into production...

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Jan_dettmer
CBoats Addict

Post by Jan_dettmer »

A Fluid Solo L with Expedition Hatch.

I'm sure I would get a summer of paddling out of it. I don't really playboat, so that boat would do anything I want to do. The Hatch would make it easy for camera gear and for some classic multi days.

I would love to see whay effect it has if a creeker had design influence by one of the best c-1ers out there. (I think Joe Stuempfel is his name)

Cheers, Jan
Is there something like an expert kayaker?
http://www.bc-ww.com
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

kayak to convert

Post by billcanoes »

I was looking at a Hoss and Jefe for a creeker- but I'm still waiting for the fatboy-

This is where I wish I didn't sell boats, but
in terms of river runner play- I think there are c1s in production that I'm totally happy with, other than I would make the bigboy in plastic- and the Sith rocks,

and for those who want downtime you got the Maven or an Acrobat.
Bill
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Hoss

Post by chuck naill »

Bill, we have a converted Hoss if you want to try it sometime.

Chuck
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Hi Chuck

Post by billcanoes »

Sweet-

I'm going to try to meet up with Chris Kelley Monday-for a Zephyr run on Wilson creek if theres enough water- it's very bony right now - I think -5 -5.5 is the minimum in an open boat and at that level there is some rock jumble portaging- I need to call a friend to check to see how accurate the virtual gauge is. David Sink might go-

The only problem is I'd like to be on the river by 9:00- If you want to go- Otherwise I'll meet up with you sooner or later for a demo.

Bill
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

I'm too big and tall for conversions, and most of today's kayaks are too slow for my taste, but my choice would be the new Jackson-Knight slalom kayak.
mrosene
c

Post by mrosene »

draggo fish with CF pedestel a foam bulkhead and leather burton snoboard bindings for straps and 0.5" inch minicell pad for the interior also a sweet level six kevlar skirt :D
gnar