C-1 Playboats

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cbcboat
CBoats Addict

C-1 Playboats

Post by cbcboat »

I'm just curious what people out there are paddling for C-1 playboats and what they think about what they are paddling. Also what people are using for C-1 river run/playboats as well.
AYockey
C Guru

LL SESSION!!!!

Post by AYockey »

Use as River runner and playboat. Just recently found out I gained a lot of weight in the off season. Maybe shopping around pretty soon. Will probably stick with Liquid logic (I'm in love).
"The mark of a successful man is one that has sat at his favorite playspot all day without feeling guilty about it."
-Modified Chinese Proverb
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Me...

Post by PAC »

I paddle a Wheel Boy and a XXX for play - I like each but for different reasons. As for river running I use the Wheel Boy more but thinking about a true river runner for bigger runs. I paddled a Big Boy and REALLY like that boat in bigger stuff.

As for really big pushy water I have a Cascade but I'm looking to change there. It's a good boat but I've been spoiled with the responsiveness of the smaller boats.

Plus there is an Acrobat in the mix which stand on its own.

PS: I'm looking for more feed back on the Jefe and others as well as an update as to possible delivery time for a Fat Boy.

My $.01
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Big EZ: This is my primary playboat. It's great on steep waves, but it's slow. It has almost enough volume in the bow to stay on the surface when I goof up my angle. I won't paddle it on anything harder than the Ocoee :lol:

Forplay: Good for when the wave is not as steep. It doesn't carve like the Big EZ, but it spins better & carries a little more speed. At 190lbs. I have to watch the bow on this boat. Suprisingly good enders for such little volume.

full cut Viper: This is my big water boat. I also like it when it's real cold & I want to keep my head dry. Great speed & manueverability, plus I can stern squirt it on flat-water. It punches holes & will surf most waves. On the Lower Gauley PAC told me about a "big hole" I just punched it with no problem. Afterwards PAC says "I was WARNING you about the hole" I was in my Viper, so it was not a problem :D

master cut Acrobat: For when the water is high & washes out the rapid. Great boat on an eddyline, but you don't really need an eddyline to play with a master cut Acro :wink:

1/2" cut Acrobat: Fun on an eddyline & more stable than the master cut. Nice downriver boat but it likes bow stalls :roll:
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

So far my Wavesport Z has be a great river runner and even filled in as a creek boat(at 150 lbs. I can't really sink it much at all)
I paddle a Switch for play as well as a wheelboy.I'm lookin to get the wheelboy on the Nolichucky this weekend and get in some surfin.
I've got the mystery Corn boat for flat water play and eddy lines.
And my Zephyr is my creekboat and more.
Shawn
Dweller

Post by Dweller »

LL Space Cadet...

teaches you how to do stuff quickly... but slow as all hades... you have to be a good paddler to unleash the best of it...

getting onto babyface at mccoys is a toughy for this righty but its worth the 10 flushes for that one sweet ride :) i just need to paddle more...
gtoc-1
c

Post by gtoc-1 »

I am paddlinga Crazy 88. It is a great boat. Not as balanced as the XXX but it does everything that I want it to do. If you want a newer more balanced boat try the fluid flirt.

Gary
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Fatboy-

Post by billcanoes »

Still no release date :(

Rest assured I'll be getting a few when they're ready-
ken hughes
c

Post by ken hughes »

Jackson superstar all the way man! Rips!
British rivers may be small, but they are perfectly formed!
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Super-fun. It's my first playboat, it's a very stable boat. I've only been in it a couple times, though.
________
Juggalo
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

Hello Cbcboat,
For a C1 playboat, it is the Drakkar Wheelboy hands down. This boat was designed as a C1 - it is not a kayak conversion. Kayak conversions tend to suffer from design compromises, after all they were designed to be SAT in :roll: . Go with the Wheelboy and you won't look back :D .
SYOTR,
BRuce
ken hughes
c

Post by ken hughes »

My mate Loz is pretty megga in a C1 freestyle boat. He has a wheelboy. The feedback is that it is a cartwheel machine! However, it does not do the modern moves as well though.

Me, doing consistent wheels would be good!

Ken
British rivers may be small, but they are perfectly formed!
Col
Pain Boater

Post by Col »

Leave your spraydecks at home boys and girls.. :wink:

It has to be a CU Fly all the way, what a quality ride. . I only wish they would make me one in Armalite.. Sweet..! :D
C - UNIT..!