Cut my saddle down a bit last night.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

Cut my saddle down a bit last night.

Post by ChrisKelly »

In preperation for my Idaho trip, I decreased the height. Tried for a half inch but prolly am closer to 3/4. I think it will increase stability a bit and my knees can take it. I am now at about 7 1/2 inches. (canoe saddle that is 8) )

I also put small wood blocks on either side of the saddle on the bottom side of the thwart over the back of the saddle to hold it tight. It is amazing how much movement there is in the saddle. I believe that this step will decrease the degree to which movement will loosen the saddle and will help me transfer more torque from my body to the boat rather than lose it in saddle movement.

I also reglued my dogbone (which was working loose from the royalite) using two part epoxy. I think that two part epoxy is the ultimate answer to royalite and thigh straps.

Boat is all ready to go. Now to get the wife organized, This will take longer.

Did I mention that in just a mere two weeks I am off to Idaho.

Chris Kelly
montana c-1
Pain Boater

Post by montana c-1 »

Hey where in Idaho?????? I am in montana and ya know we are all so close out here
one blade one LOVE
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

The Selway!!!!

Post by ChrisKelly »

I am also looking foreward to running the section of the Selway above the putin. The word I get is that the 6 miles from Indian Creek to Paradise are very nice. We are going to camp up there for 3/4 days prior to launching.

I am sure we will also run the lower Selway and the Lochsa on the way out.

How long does it take to get from Missoula to the Paradise launch?

I love boating in Montana. Last year we spent time on the Blackfoot and Middle Fork of the Flathead. Year before on the Madison (Bear Trap), Gallatin and and Stillwater.

Chris Kelly