Ca-news (Nice Shot of Eli)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Ca-news (Nice Shot of Eli)

Post by Craig Smerda »

bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

that white teaureau looks so good in white boofing off a drop.
that is a pretty gnarly set, at least what you can see of it.
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

I don't doubt that the Taureau is an open boat, but the line distinguishing OC1 from C1 is growing faint.
Put a skirt on that puppy!
SYOTR,
Bruce
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Bruce I agree with you, unfortunately the Taureau does NOT have a suitable rim for a skirt :( ...

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

i'm with you guys.
those things are kind of cool in their own way, but they shouldn't be called open canoes, that's just WRONG! they look more like decked boats than an open boats. look at that thing, there's more deck than open up there.... sorry, but it looks like a decked boat who's paddler accidentally left his sprayskirt in the garage! dumbass.. :roll:
Larry
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

oops! did i just call eli a dumbass? sorry, i didn't mean THAT.. i was just sayin... uhhh...well....uhhhhh..... it's the BOAT man. the BOAT is goofy!
Larry
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

I believe that the OC rule for racing is that only 25 percent of each of the ends of the boat can be covered, thus this boat is illegal for racing. and I forgot the meaningful part of this post... hmm.
Prost
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
montana c-1
Pain Boater

Post by montana c-1 »

hey issac I don't think anyone would be racing a toreau unless it was a down river race/ creek race.

side note : since we all complain about the size of the cockpit has anyone talked to Jaque to see if he has plans to mold a big skirt friendly rim on that puppy, I think it would make a great c1 creeker. but then again what do I know.

Nice boof ElI.....
one blade one LOVE
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Careful, don't complain too much folks- otherwise you'll be accused of hanging out in the kiddie pool by Louie. large steaming pile of dog doo. ;-)
Jan_dettmer
CBoats Addict

Post by Jan_dettmer »

If anyone has to get rid of their taureau b/c he's feeling bad now (after this post), send it my way. I'd certainly paddle it!
I sure as hades would not want to have a skirt that big.

Whatever is fun.

Cheers, Jan
Is there something like an expert kayaker?
http://www.bc-ww.com
Walsh
CBoats Addict

Post by Walsh »

bearboater wrote:I believe that the OC rule for racing is that only 25 percent of each of the ends of the boat can be covered, thus this boat is illegal for racing. and I forgot the meaningful part of this post... hmm.
Prost
-isaac
For rodeo, it once was that no more than 22.5% of the length could be decked on either bow or stern, and no more than 3" of tumblehome . . .

For a creek boat, I say whatever keeps you safe! Esquif is doing a whole lot more good than harm for open boating these days. And Drakkar seems to have a similar 'open' creek boat in the works.

- J