Whats a good OC-1 for creeks?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Open Gate
C Guru

Post by Open Gate »

yarnellboat wrote:So why hasn't anybody made popular OC-1 boats like Ocoees or Vipers or Outrages in plastic?

PY.
I think also the regidity of the boat(made with plastic) due to the big open face would not be sufficient. They would need to close the open deck to stiffen the hull, adding weight...like they did on the Taureau but on a bigger scale(added weight) for a bigger boat.
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

I have a Mad River St. Croix, which is essentially a 14'6" Explorer in plastic, that my wife uses for quieter paddling. It is not any more flexi that the ABS Explorers that I've paddled.

John
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

Open Gate wrote:
yarnellboat wrote:So why hasn't anybody made popular OC-1 boats like Ocoees or Vipers or Outrages in plastic?

PY.
I think also the regidity of the boat(made with plastic) due to the big open face would not be sufficient. They would need to close the open deck to stiffen the hull, adding weight...like they did on the Taureau but on a bigger scale(added weight) for a bigger boat.
Or just couple of xtra twarts
Amiga!!