This is how most of us started.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Atucky
CBoats Addict

This is how most of us started.

Post by Atucky »

Wouldn't you say these folks are having fun? Not my video, I just found it, and thought I'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_0f3bNgTU
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Great video clip. :D

I know it came up in a post a couple of weeks back about grabbing the gunnels...watch closely and see how many of the spills have at least one person grabbing the gunnels. :o
bamaboater
Pain Boater

Post by bamaboater »

that is hilarious. laughin out loud. Pretty sweet wave trains. what river is that? looks like something western
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

(Note to self).... design short new modern solo aluminum whitewater canoe. :D
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

description

Post by ohioboater »

The description with the clip says Sacramento River. I wonder how many boats that camp loses each year...
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

I actually did start at a canoe camp, my first real whitewater was tandem with 3 inch freeboard, on the Allanwater, Ogoki, Brightsands, and Kopka Rivers of Southern Ontario. the next summer, I did Back River with the same camp. then this summer, I did the Kazan with my father. good times.
(Kazan and Back are both in Nunavut, Canada)
Prost
-Isaac
however, we never yook Alumicrafts, we had Trippers or Discoveries by Old Town. On the latest Arctic venture, my father and I took a Folding canoe. that was quite a ride.
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
noobopenboater
Pain Boater

Post by noobopenboater »

thats a great video, they could use some floatation for the sake of those old canoes. My first ww c boat experience was a tandem canoe school. I hope I didnt look that bad.lol.
Detonator Function
Pain Boater

Post by Detonator Function »

i love the moments when they realize their boat is underwater...

that was definitely a great video...
Is this a rock I see before me?
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Some of those guys when they flip almost clamour up on their downed boat as it's flipping! "Uh oh, the boat's flipping... quick, get to the upward side... it's drier there... uh oh, it's going over! Quick, grab the gunnel and pull yourself up, it's drier up ther.....glub glub"

This wasnt how I started out. My first solo run was in a cedar strip canoe that my brother made, we were running a C1 'chute' that was about 13' wide. I was used to bow strokes, because my brother was the stern paddler.. My setup was good, then I had to do a little correction stroke, and I lapsed into bow paddling, which caused me to crash on one side of the bank. Then the boat swung around and because it was 16 feet, hit the other bank. Windowshade. Oh, and these things are heavy full of water... I managed to drag it to shore, but not before there was a hole in the hull.

Needless to say brother was pissed.
________
Arizona Marijuana Dispensaries
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orky
C Boater

Post by orky »

man does boats are old if you look carefully at the head cam footage you'll see a huge dent on theft of the bow
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

I can remember flipping those old Aluminum canoes on purpose. Crawling up inside of the airpocket and screaming, bloodily!! as we went down the rapid, upside down, just to freak everybody out..... What fun!!