Ain'tLouiefest Update

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Atomman
c

Post by Atomman »

yarnellboat, great photos. I have to admit I had to look up the puntledge river but I've been in BC and know how fantastic BC is from the parts I've seen. My wife was impressed by the fact that almost all of the OC1's were woman in your photos as she paddles an Ovation (and makes it look easy) but rarely sees a female single sticker here in the southeast US.
Bill
Maybe I'll be a real boater one day.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

On my way in 10 minutes, be there around lunch. If anybody there gets this, call me with the afternoon's plan :

8-oh-3 two-three-8-2-five-11

Thanks -

Scott
Detonator Function
Pain Boater

Post by Detonator Function »

Had a great time on the Tellico on two different days. I got to crash off Baby 5 times (3 of them without flipping). Yesterday was a great sight: 9, count um, NINE Taureaus (Mark, the guy who designed the Taureau, was in the only white one) and 6 other single stickers. There was a kayaker too, but we were too busy watching free wheels off Baby to give him any trash.

It was also great to meet Falk, from Germany, and Mark, Paul, and Gigi from Canada.... eh.

Thanks to Louie I have a new boat (superfly) and had a great time. I'll be back in Lenoir City sometime, Louie, so keep a couch or a spot on the floor open for me.

Hope to paddle with everyone else that showed up sometime, now that I have connections in three different countries and 12 different states.
Is this a rock I see before me?
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Cory what water did you get on besides the Tellico? Steve and I saw a little of the water up there, Clear Creek and Tellico, and are definitly wanting more.

Trey
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

@ oc1paddlr

Hi Steve,

sorry that I didn't recall your name in the other post. Thanks for the ride anyway, I appreciated it. I was sorry that you had to leave so quick. I was impressed by your "effortless" paddling on our low water Tellico run in your Ocoee, you looked good.

Thanks too for the music on the way back. I wanted to ask you again what it was and to write it down: now I know. I have to look it up on iTunes or amazon. I really liked it.

CU again some time...