It Ain't Louiefest photos

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Al, probably best to contact her through her son Cory, he resides in this forum under Detonator Function. Look him up in the memberlist (# 847, page 17) and pm him...
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

So, here we are again. Been busy to upload a selection of my pictures. They all run as a automated slideshow or scroll through the thumbnail on the left.
If anyone wants a high-resolution-version pm me with the approbiate number and I can mail it to you (file size 3.5 to 4.5 MB) or tell me what day you paddled where in what boat. I've got more pics on my harddrive.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Outside world Dawsonville GA I'll find the e mail thingy
Heidi
Pain Boater

pics

Post by Heidi »

Good stuff, everyone, thanks.

Trey, Didn't receive the pics you sent of Clear Creek. adirondack_hlathotmaildotcom

Andrew, would like to get that shot you got of me on Baby Falls.

Hope to get pics and vids up soon.
Baby Falls-Tellico, TN
dirk
C Boater

Kids in It Ain't Louiefest photos

Post by dirk »

I have a couple of young kids (boy 4 and girl 3) and look forward to getting them in their own boats. How old are the kids in the It Ain't Louiefest photos? I see two open boaters and one in a Jackson 1. Does anyone know when they started boating solo? Any advice for getting kids started?

Mine love the water and we have them in swim lessons and on the lake pretty regularly. The oldest has been in moving water and enjoys swimming in very small standing waves. I am also outfitting a tandem boat for river trips, but look forward to them boating along side me.

Sorry I could not make it to It Ain't Louiefest, looked like a great time.
Austin, TX
OC1
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Hi Dirk,
There were 4 young girls down there that week, two of mine and two that belonged to the Rich family. It all really started last year, our girls, then, 9 & 11 started to solo paddle, like ducks to water. But the little paddlers from the Rich family are even younger! The youngest was solo paddling class II water as a 7 year old!

So when do you want a Splash???? :wink:
Scal
Pain Boater

Post by Scal »

Where can we get a Splash ?
One God, one world, one love, One paddle
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Hi,
The boats are built in London Ont and as of now I'm the only one retailing the boat, althought we do have a contact person in Hull Quebec.

Kind Regards Al Greve

Canoe Water Adventuring
24650 Dodge Dr.
Strathroy On. Canada
N7G-3H5
Ph 519-246-1667
Fax 519-246-1277
www.canoewateradventuring.ca
canoewater@netscape.ca
Louie

Chad started

Post by Louie »

tandom with me but by 6 he wanted his own boat. first trip in his gryodog was on tellico he got seven stiches over his eye and hasn't been hurt since, got in to racin thru those stick and at 18 is a pretty dam fine boater.
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

Does anyone know when they started boating solo? Any advice for getting kids started?
the kayaker started two years ago...we got her some lessons where she was mentored and taught by 14 year olds as well as adults, she actually loves taking lessons from other people, with parents the key is to keep it fun....teaching is limited to video replay so she can see her own mistakes not hear me tell her (like I'd know what's wrong with a Kayak :D )
the youngest of the open boaters (black helmet) took delivery of her Splash last May
it's a little miss leading though.....my girls have been riding in tripping boats since they were babies; reading water and deciding what rapids they would trust mom and dad and what ones they would walk...you're on the right track...keep it fun, my girls treasure their tme around other boaters....... they just ate up all the attention they got on the West last September and seeing Alesia styling just inspires them........ we belong to a paddling club and the girls love interacting on the river with other people....and other kids

anyways, I want to add my thanks to Louie and to Eli for taking my family to some great rivers and making my kids experience something they will remember for years to come.
Mama Rich
Steward
C Boater

Post by Steward »

I finally got around to posting some pictures of one of the Tellico runs

http://picasaweb.google.com/StewardOC1/Tellico