Cracked my helmet need sugestions

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Cracked my helmet need sugestions

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

I cracked the shell on my helmet, nothing exciting just ran it over kind of. Any suggestions on manufacturers or styles.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I haven't found anything that I like as much as my Bell. Nothing else that I've found is as stiff. It's no longer manuactured though. If you run across one let me know & I'll buy it.

When will the helmet folks wake up & instead of using straps or fishing line to hold the helmet on the back of your head, just make the helmet cover that area :roll:

I am interested in the FNA helmets. I want to get my hands on one before I order.
Atucky
CBoats Addict

helmet

Post by Atucky »

Trent,

My 2 cents.

I bought a shred ready t dub when I needed a new helmet recently. I wanted something with coverage (low on my forehead, and covering my ears to the back of my head). This has coverage. they are in limited production so I'm not sure how many they have left. Also, I am able to keep it tight, and have practiced numerous rolls without the helmet shifting on my head.

good luck. let's boat sometime this summer.

http://www.shredready.com/products/tdub.htm

Adam
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

I use a Gath Gedi, Very light, super comfy, good coverage, and doesn't move around on my head--very important(to me anyway).
They are plastic, it has removeable ear coverage and removable vents on the top. I really like mine. :D

Thanks
B
joat
c

Post by joat »

I second the vote for the Gath Gedi; comfy, doesn't move around, and if you paddle cold water the outfitting seems to eliminate the ice-cream headache should you swim (as i do...)

In canada you can get them here:

http://2imagine.net/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7

and in the US here:

http://www.murrays.com/gath/gath_gedi.html

-Mike
cbcboat wrote:I use a Gath Gedi, Very light, super comfy, good coverage, and doesn't move around on my head--very important(to me anyway).
They are plastic, it has removeable ear coverage and removable vents on the top. I really like mine. :D

Thanks
B
Atucky
CBoats Addict

sorry

Post by Atucky »

Sorry Trey,

Called you Trent in my first post.

doah....

Adam
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Thats nicer than what my wife called me after retuning from lanoir. LOL BUT WORTH EVERY BIT OF IT. Louie you had better do it again or it is rochambeau time South Park style.

Trey, or Trent which ever
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell