FULL MOON airbag problem

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jim gross
CBoats Addict

FULL MOON airbag problem

Post by jim gross »

Well it,s not realy small. But i have a problem inflateing as of late. It doesn,t want to inflate to maximum any more . I,m not sure if it is a presure holding problem or if there is a pin hole leak in the tube. It does work ok but just doesn,t feel the same to me. No one else has realy complained about the performance but i bet they will if this keeps up . Maybe i just need a smaller boat for my little air bag. Could be from over use and mishandleing it( i have gone into a few questionable holes with it). Any way as i get older i just don,t seem to have the same zest or care about it as much as i used to. Have any other Cboaters had the same exsperiences??? JIM
Jon
C Guru

Smaller Boat?

Post by Jon »

Jim
In my experience, finding a smaller boat can get VERRRRRRY expensive, although, in the short term it will probably result in a restored fit. I would strongly suggest exploring all other options before even considering this one!

If you have been in the habit of leaving your air bag in during transportation, this could cause excessive wear and tear. I would suggest always taking your little air bag out, deflating and cleaning it (especially of mud and sand) and putting it away carefully between uses. Never leave it in the boat.

Regards
Older (for sure) & Wiser (I hope)