Snowboard repair material on Royalex?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Snowboard repair material on Royalex?

Post by oopsiflipped »

I can't remember what it is called (and haven't been able to ask my bum snow boarder roomie) but he mentioned a product he uses to repair his snowboard when he saw the scratches on my Paradigm. Anyone tried any board / ski repair products?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Petex - check out the search or

Post by PAC »

http://cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=petex
It sort of works but there are risks with getting a torch / flame near you boat. If the stratches are not bad don't worry about them. If really bad - look into a airless welder (also covered on the board - search function).
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Open Gate
C Guru

Re: Snowboard repair material on Royalex?

Post by Open Gate »

oopsiflipped wrote:I can't remember what it is called
P-TEX is the name, I use it on my XC skis which is the same mat'l then snow board
Open Gate
C Guru

Post by Open Gate »

Almost replied at the same time then PAC :roll:

Actually you just light up the P-TEX and let it drip into the crack. Let it harden and then shave it off with a blade. So the torch never gets close to your boat.
I've heard about paddler fixing their plastic boats with this but not Royalex ???
Might work, not sure myself about the bond it will do.

Give our ABS Goo (acetone + abs pieces in a glass jar) a try. Super cheap and works great ! Been many time discussed on this board with all sort of nice tricks to strenghten the weak spots (laminating kevlar with the ABS paste, drilling holes, etc...)

If you do try the P-tex on Royalex let us know how it turns out.

Good luck with your repairs
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

How do you like the Paradigm? I paddled a prototype for a short time and thought it seemed like a contender. What's the real thing like? Any other canoe you'd compare it to?
ScottBarnes
C Boater

Post by ScottBarnes »

acetone and ABS goo? What are the ratios? That sounds VERY interesting for many applications.....