Tandemonium 8/11/07

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Jim P
C Guru

Tandemonium 8/11/07

Post by Jim P »

Well you can't please everyone so we will go with the majority. 8/11/07 it is. Get your permits for 12-1 launch window as all of the morning ones are already gone (except 8-9 ). Get them soon as they seem to be going fast.

Post here if you are coming so we look for you.

Saw two tandem teams out there last Saturday - the biggest showing I've ever seen. Lets blow that one outa the water!
Walsh
CBoats Addict

Post by Walsh »

Marissa and I will be there . . . dressed for a swim! :o
Jim P
C Guru

get those permits!

Post by Jim P »

27 left....
Not Elvis
C Guru

Just ordered my passes

Post by Not Elvis »

Being one of the two tandem teams seen out last weekend, I am sufficiently ready for the tandemonium. I have gathered eight total passess, leaving enough for three teams beyond mine. Anybody need any?

Beyond that, let's talk boats.

I have a Caption, a Noah Canoah Amerika (probably the last one Vlad Vanha made before he died) a Probe 12 II for tandem, and an HD-2 (HD-1 for tandem) Anybody need to borrow a boat?

It has come to my attention that many of you out there cannot make it for the first Tandemonium. Suffice to say, it is likely that this will blossom into something requiring sequels.

What we need is someone to take up the torch and make this happen. Someone with strength (either physical or smell), communication skills, coordination mastery, river connections, decent river karma, and strong leadership characteristics. If we can't find somebody like that, we should settle for PAC, as he can't make he first, but seems to be interested in doing another one in the spirit of perpetuating diplomacy with the yak-yak sisterhood. :lol:

PAC??! Are you out there? Got a date in mind? Time to bring out that Moovin. (the Maven tandem we discussed) :o
Ed Eout
C Boater

Brother J!

Post by Ed Eout »

How 'bout saving two passes for JK and me? We'll be in the big yellow banana Caption - mwhahahah!
Want to watch us try "Pork the Pooch" move at Double Hydraulic?
have fun or go home!
jim gross
CBoats Addict

WAAAAAAAA

Post by jim gross »

You guys went with the weekend i,m tied up. Sheeesh i love that river tandem too. Was hopein to scare the dooky outa ma redheaded soft buddy infront of Jay too. JIM
jnorto01
C Guru

Tandamonium

Post by jnorto01 »

Bumping this to the top

I'll be paddlin' lefty :o in the bow of JimP's boat. We are gonna need a practice session otherwise we'll be the carnage canoe!!

Jim
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Who is coming in for the "Over the Falls Race" weekend? That would be the weekend of 8/25-26? Would that work for folks? Either as a tandem Loop run(s) in addition to falls runs or as a full on all river run? The park is in such a uproar that weekend getting launch times should not be an issue.

If this works then we might just call this the The Tandemation - for those sinners who could not make Tandemonium!

Interest? Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
yakmom
c

Pete and I are planning to come in our Caption

Post by yakmom »

Do you have extra permit Jay or should we get our own?

We haven't paddled the Caption in about 3 years. Yikes! Figure a good day equates still having a boat at the end of the day (maybe at the end of the loop)

We need airbags - gotta try and patch ours or I will have to suck it up and buy a set....(mouse damage)

sheila and pete
JulieKeller.com
Pain Boater

Post by JulieKeller.com »

Sheila - Do you think Sean would paddle tandem with me?

Julie
bruce
C Boater

2 or 3 more for TANDEMONIUM!

Post by bruce »

My wife and I will be paddling our ancient blue Caper and we are bringing another couple in a Caption. There is a good chance that we will have a third as well. We all have launch permits for noon. Meeting at 11 to run shuttle?
Jim P
C Guru

11 am meet sounds like a plan

Post by Jim P »

Bruce,

I believe we met a few weeks back, when I was pushing rubber for some friends. Looking fwd to seeing you guys again.

Jim
yakmom
c

Post by yakmom »

Julie I am sure Sean would jump at the chance to paddle tandem with you.!!!!

sheila
Not Elvis
C Guru

No More Permits

Post by Not Elvis »

Sheila,

I have lent out all my permits. :( I hope you and P-Daddy can find some to make the rumble.
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Anyone have an extra OC2 I could rent, borrow, steal for this weekend?

It ain't gotta be pretty either.
i r a p|r@t3

yeaaaaaaaarrrrggg