Outfitting a BlissStick

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

RyanGarnett
Pain Boater

Outfitting a BlissStick

Post by RyanGarnett »

Hey All,

I am looking at a BlissStick RAD185. I want to turn it into a C1. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this boat as a C1? It says its good for big people, which I thought was good considering the nature of c1'ing and the need for room inside.

Any info would be great.

Thanx

Ryan
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

I have paddled the RAD as A KAyak many times and personaly think it is darn fine boat that way, very fast and real stable (its wide). These 2 attributes would complement the C-1 end of things. Very large cockpit as well so plenty of room to get in/out. Only negative I really see is that there is not much of a stern, the boat is very Asymetrical. Otherwise as far as actually outfitting it I have used my version of the "fence rail" conversion (see outfitting section on this forum) to do 2 other boats and think it works quit well and is fairly inexpensive. But there are many ways to outfit a boat. If you do end up outfittin a RAD let us know how it paddles, I am curuious about how it would perform as a C-1.
Good Luck!
B