important response needed

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Hey, that picture looks like the new MadRiverDesign I've heard about for a long time but never seen one.

It's especially for right handed paddlers, since the waterline on the left hand side is much longer - that means fewer correction strokes. If you are a 'leftie', noobopenboater, it's definately best that you gave it back. Otherwise it would have taken you downriver in circles.

:lol:

Sorry for not being earnest...
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Don't be Earnest, I like the name you have now.

Trey

ps. When are you coming back over?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Actually, Trey, I will be on your continent end of this month for 2 1/2 weeks till mid of October. But further north in Ontario (and, hopefully, Quebec).

Plan A is to do some research for the German KANUmagazin about Nova Craft Canoe, paddling in Algonquin, Peterborough Canoe Museum and, hopefully, Esquif.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

You are my hero. What a life, you have done well. I hope we will see you again in march at least. With water.

Trey
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Dale
C Boater

My 1999 Outrage

Post by Dale »

:D I have had an Outrage from 1999 with wood rails it was made in Vermont. Mad River had been sold but but the plant had not headed south yet to the Corporate mass production plant.

Since MR left Vermont home of the small is beautiful company. I have begun to feel very embarassed about the palstic Mad River boats with the cup holders and the IQ system. Hence I have removed the name Mad River from both sides of my Canoe.
It one only said A River Canoe.
I think their quality has gone south - I take good care of my Vermont built boat. But I won't ever buy another OR from the Corporate I don't cares.
But I am glad they are rectifying the problem with you. The MR outfitting is good if you glue it in not good to leave it movable.
It will impact your boat control. But I do like the Outrage alot.
ACA WW OC1 Instructor. :wink:
noobopenboater
Pain Boater

Post by noobopenboater »

Picked up the new one yesterday:D , looks like it should, makin a maiden run down nanty sunday. If anyones there and sees a new pretty blue boat its me. thanks again for responses.