Who's going to GAF?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Who's going to GAF?

Post by KNeal »

Looks like I'll be getting a 54-hour pass the weeked of GAF! :D I'll be getting down there mid-morning on Friday and will want to get boating right away. Who else is going? Maybe we can make this a fall armada down in the Great Smokey Mountains! 8) Post below if you're gonna be there and where you may be camping (yes, I'll be looking to share a spot with someone) and what you want to boat and loaner boats you'll be bringing.

:roll: :-? :) :D :wink: 8)

Arriving Friday morning
Bringing my Atom (and possibly the squashed-end prototype plastic Groove for Bill)
Want to boat whatever has water

KNeal

P.S. Doe's anyone want to try and organize this weekend?
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

<deep> Not me. :( We have a YMCA campout that weekend that got planned without my input...
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I'll be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I want to hit the sale early on Saturday. Otherwise, I plan to paddle. We'll probably be limited to the Nantahala and the Ocoee. Paddled the Nantahala yesterday. My friend and I had the river to ourselves for most of the run. Finished at the Falls at 5 pm. No photographer. No other boaters. Not a single spectator. They released from 10 until 3, but there is almost zero natural flow to augment the release. The river is awfully low. Still fun, though. If my daughter comes, I'll have my Caper and my Zephyr. If she stays home, I'll bring the Zephyr and Casper the Friendly Prophet. Don't know where I'll camp.
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

I will be there at least Saturday/Sunday, maybe even Friday. Should be with at least two more folks...Will be camping. Probably at SMM or Turkey Creek or Big Nantahala. To many choices...?
SYOTR
dccjon
C Boater

Will be there...

Post by dccjon »

Thursday late through Monday, camping at Turkey Creek. Bringing the Prelude and the Caption. Maybe the Cascade if it does not sell by then.
Jon
OC1_SURFER
Pain Boater

Post by OC1_SURFER »

We're planning on arriving Friday eve and plan to stay with friends in northern GA. I may have an Ocoee ready to sell by then. If I do, it may cut into my paddling time. I will post it on the gear board before I come out. Hoping for great weather like two years ago 8). See ya'll there.

Terry
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

GAF

Post by billcanoes »

Whoo hoo!

Swapped weekends that I'll have with my son, so I'll be able to boat at GAF this year. I'm not sure if I'll be there Fri or Saturday yet.

Kneal- do you go 85 to 40? or do you head across VA and then cut down? Thinking maybe we could get on Wilson creek :) if theres water...
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

We have a YMCA campout that weekend that got planned without my input
Scott, that's called "default volunteering" :wink: That's a real bummer for me since this is the first time in YEARS I've been able to boat south of the Appomattox River. :(

Bill, I should be coming down I-85 and cutting over on Rt. 40. I'm game to boat whatever has water on it. Never done it, but Wilson Creek will be fine with me. Hopefully, NCDavid can hook up on Friday.

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

Correction, I will be up there in the am on Friday thru Sunday. Will be bringing the Quake and the Prophet.
SYOTR
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

I'll be there Friday afternoon thru Sunday. Prolly will have the fam on Sat and Sun. Blue Wrangler or Toyo Highlander. Finky or Caption with a cute nine year old in the bow.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Open boating buddy of mine and I will be in the area Friday morning. Right now, I'm planning on joining BillCanoes and paddle something--Wilson Creek or what has water (Nantahala/Ocoee as default locations). Who can hook up and what can we boat? Also, where would be a good location to rendezvous?

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

boatbuster
CBoats Addict

I plan to be there

Post by boatbuster »

I hope to get over for the William Neely exhibit and camp out with my daughter and some friends, at Turkey Creek or Smoky Mountain Meadows. Then after a short visit to the festival Saturday we will probably hit the Ocoee or anything that is running naturally if we are so lucky. I will be in a blue Tacoma with a dark blue outrage hanging out the back. Say hi if you see me.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

i think i'm headed over

Post by oopsiflipped »

and i'd be up to check out anything that has water and is IVish
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Fri

Post by billcanoes »

Well- Wilson was mighty low today -13" I had to use my t grip to pull myself over the ledge at the entrance to 10'

Anyway lets pray for some rain and see if the river comes up some....
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Hmmm. Turkey Creek is filled up for camping this weekend. Go figure--must be one of few places that allow alcohol consumption on their grounds 8) . Any other suggestions, or does anyone have a spot to share with 2-3 more boaters? Or just me? :wink:

Plans are to run Wilson Creek with Bill Canoes on Friday. Anyone is welcome to join us. Saturday/Sunday open. Would really like to get on Tellico if there is enough water. Call me if you want to hook up.

804-405-3767

KNeal
C-boats Moderator