Info on the Squatter Wild Water C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Col
Pain Boater

Info on the Squatter Wild Water C1

Post by Col »

I am looking for info on the Squatter Wild Water C1

Anyone have anything other than that found in the search boats section?

How does it compare to the Bala ? Any info would be great .

Thanks

Colin
C - UNIT..!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Col, you're making my brain hurt! I've only heard of the Squatter once. IIRC (and I may not...if you find out otherwise please let me know!) it is an older design than the Bala / Noname / Mezzana series, perhaps of the same time frame as the Ace?

The images in the C-Museum are from europe, I believe (NZMatt was looking at the boat, I think, though I could easily be mistaken...we have A LOT of boats catalogued right now!)

Your best bet is to try and contact someone on the Wildwater team in europe....they will likely know a lot more than I do!
Keep the C!
Adam
edg
C Guru

Squatter

Post by edg »

Col- I've never paddled one, and there's only 1 in the US that I know of. Your best bet maybe Eauxvives.org. But, here's what others have told me (and I have no idea if they are right or not.)

Eauxvives.org- Squatter 3 : Rapid and high volume, but has only 3 positions flat, leaned left or right. It requires practice and skill in the boat. For casual users, it is not for rapids. It is an effective but difficult boat if you paddle little. Squatter 4 : Like the S3 but higher volume.

Old US racer- Squatter III - Very fast on flat water, especially in shallow water. Initially more stable than the Bala due to a slightly larger flat spot on the bottom. Squatters are famous for not turning well. The Squatter III is a little squirley due to its very boxy sides that make it harder to hold a lean especially in whitewater (I personally like the Bala better overall).

Squatter IV - The IV is a high volume version of the III with rounded buildges which makes it much more predicatable on whitewater. It retains a large flat spot for speed in shallow water. Perhaps the best all around boat ever made. It is still paddled by a couple of the French team members. It's flaws are that it does not have very much kick back (if any) and does not turn very well.

Keith McGuirk (Eir)- Being from Ireland with little or no whitewater.
I found i needed a stable boat so I settled on the squatter 3,which is probably the best boat ive ever paddled,it doesnt turn like a C1-thats what puts people off,it tracks rather like a C2 or K1(and Ive heard a few other people say this)I found it really stable on white water provided you keep it on its flat.

I've heard that the ZB Sport Limax is an S4 hull with a new deck, and Keith seemed to like his. That's all I know...edg