LL Remix

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

fez
CBoats Addict

LL Remix

Post by fez »

Did anybody convert a Liquidlogic Remix yet ?

http://www.liquidlogickayaks.com/ (home > River)
imagine
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

not yet, but it is a really attractive looking boat. I was looking at one of these to convert, and I was talking to the LL rep at freestyle nationals, and he let me pull out the seat, and throw a saddle(aka a 2 inch piece of foam) in, and I was able to mess about in it in flatwater, it felt pretty good. i think that was the 79 i weigh like 185ish... i don't have time for a creek boat, but i do like it.
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Bernie
C Guru

REmix 69

Post by Bernie »

I have one coming and I think that it will be a good design for river running and creeks. I paddled the kayak version and was impressed. I will give a report when I get it on the water as a c-boat. It will be available to demo.
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

great! I´m looking forward to your report.
imagine
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

From a quick read of the dimensions, it looks like it would make a good cboat!
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hi Bernie,

have you paddled it already ?
Any comments or even pictures on the Remix ?

Cheers

Frank
imagine
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

remix

Post by billcanoes »

I own both a 79 and 69, the 69 actually seems faster,as its a bit narrower, but I'm excited to take the 79 on a camp trip- the 69 was paddled as a yak. the 79 was demod with a loose saddle and unglued foam seat- it seemed a tad tippy which was surprising given the width, it reminded me of my first few moments in the fluid solo, I think it will have great secondary stability- I just need to learn those limits... Hopefully I'll finish the conversion in time for ALF. One other note the 79 seems VERY BIG. Here is a pic- Oh I'm riveting aluminum to a dagger saddle, so I should be able Not to drill any new holes.

fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

great, thanks

Compared to my Finki it doesn`t seem to be that big :D
but anyway I would be interested in a 59 because I´m a small and light guy.
imagine
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Remix 79

Post by billcanoes »

Hi Fez,

So I paddled the boat 5 days last week. Typically I like a flat bottom hard chined boat- the hull is slightly curved with forgiving edges- the primary stability is very good and secondary stability is excellent- I spun out a few times. The boat is pretty fast, if its in a side surf it really wants to stay there (con). Though I'm a poor "boofer" it seemed to do well the few times I tried- .
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hi Bill,

thanks a lot! I saw the 2 pictures in the ALF-Thread too. Seems you all had a lot of fun.

What are these "red things" in your boat ?
imagine
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Remix

Post by billcanoes »

Hi Fez,

Two other points- I felt pretty tippy the first two days, and it seems like the ideal anchor spot for thigh straps (on my set up) is about 7cm (2in) towards the stern from where the bolt is for the factory kayak seat.

the red things: are bungies...
I used the factory bolt which holds the foot rest to install a nylon loop with a d ring, I drilled into the center wall and put .5" PVC into the hole, then used .25" stainless steel washers and looped some rope through the washers. The red things are bungies with red balls on the end, and go from the loops to the dring and are "keeper straps", the rope loop is small enough that the plastic ball wont feed through it, the loop from the bungie goes through the d ring and secures itself over the red ball, I had come up with a complicated telescoping keeper system, but this is pretty simple and works pretty well.
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hi Bill,

I`ve read in the Jefe-thread that you own a Fluid Solo also. How does it compare to the Remix ?

Cheers Frank
imagine
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

remix solo

Post by billcanoes »

they are very different- I wish I were a better boater and could really describe the reasons why a boat acts the way it does, or took it on hard enough rivers that I could say it will act that way on class V, but I don't boat stuff harder than3-4, so with that in mind.

The Remix is certainly capable of being a creeker, but I plan on using it for river running and creeks that might not be as technical and would have pushier water. One of the other reasons I bought the Remix was to help me attain waves more easily. I used to use my I3 as my stable river runner, but repeatedly was frustrated by not being able to get on a wave in pushier water.

Both the Remix and the Solo felt tippy at first, but the Solo felt tippier, till you learn to trust the secondary stability, which I think is greater in the Solo. Even though the Remix has soft chines- the chines that are existent I fell are grabier than on the Solo. The Remix is much faster, and though the remix turns easily, the Solo feels like there is no resistance and spins like a top and feels more on top of the water when you turn it. For this reason, I love the solo on technical/low water. If I could only have one boat I would probably choose the Remix, but if could only have one boat for creeking I would get a Solo. Thank goodness one is not a limitation.
Kelvin
C Guru

Remix's first run!

Post by Kelvin »

Hi folks,
I opted for the Remix 69 as a creeker, I'm 70kg. I'm way under the weight range but as a C1 it works a treat. Basically it's a creekboat but with its edges running through the length. I took it on a local class 4 in good levels for it's first run, wow! It may look like a toffee coloured sausage but it doesn't paddle like one, great speed, stayed on the surface, carved well due to it's long rail and surfed like a dream on offside ferries.
(oh, and rolls easily!)
Sold my K1 creeker to buy it, my quiver is complete. (well almost!)
Cheers,
Kelvin.
http://www.sweet-skills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dj
c

Factory Dagger C1 outfitting into Remix or Jefe??

Post by dj »

I'm thinking of getting Remix or Jefe and wondering whether or not I could use outfitting out of Cascade? Or would I be better off starting from scratch? Any and all opinions on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dave