Updates to CBoats...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Updates to CBoats...

Post by Sir Adam »

Ok, FINALLY I have all of the images and information sent in up to date...including images of the Impluse, Air, and Departure! Not to mention Berrigan, Bala, and others:).

As always, we would appreciate images of boats we don't have images of yet (or better ones than what we have), as well as information...if you look at the "boat tables" you can tell we're still missing a lot...and we've come a Loooong way from a few years ago!

A BIG THANK YOU from all of us to those that have sent information and images in....and THANK YOU from me for your patience.

Adam
Don Beyer
Pain Boater

Berrigan

Post by Don Beyer »

Sorry, but the C-2 in the photo is not a Berrigan (the one in the catalog shot is). My parents owned two of them. The one in the photo resembles an old Czech maybe.
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Adam:

Was scanning some entries in the C-2 listings and happened to notice an error in the "Triumph" entry. The Triumph followed the Paramax II and came out the same season as the original Torrent (NOT following the Torrent XL, as currently listed). I distinctly remember Dave Paton & Al Blanchard paddling an original Torrent at the U.S. Team trials that spring while Fritz and Lecky Haller were paddling their Triumph.

As I recall, the Triumph was a full width boat like the Paramax II, but with lower volume. In comparison, the Torrent was also lower in volume, but had a markedly narrower hull, requiring prominent wings to meet ICF minimum width. It also was more rockered than the Triumph. I remember watching the two teams attain up a small section of rapids at the bottom of the course and Fritz and Lecky had a harder time at one drop because, with the more limited rocker of the Triumph, they kept burying their bow in the jet when punching out from the eddy, whereas the rocker of the Torrent allowed Dave and Al to pop their bow up above the jet with a well timed weight shift.

Just thought I should set the record straight.

Happy New Year and keep up the great work!

John
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Thank you both for the corrections! Though I'd like to know more of what the non-Berrigan C2 is. I'll be fixing them both Friday night or Sat. (working late tonight).

Adam