Fluid Spice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Raff
C Boater

Fluid Spice

Post by Raff »

Did anybody already convert a Fluid Spice???

Cheers,
Raff
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

or did perhaps anybody think about converting a Spice ?

I`m a 138 pounds light guy and an think about converting a SPICE for in general riverrunning. But I´m not shure about which one to convert, the M or the L. My buttboating friends vote clearly for the M, but I`m not shure about his fairly small with of 63 cm / 24.75”.
But maybe they are right and the small with is compensated by the fact that the hull is (compared to my Delirious) somewhat shaped more like a rectangle that holds its with faily long....

What do you think?

Cheers

Frank
imagine
liskahon
C Guru

Post by liskahon »

I paddled a k1 Spice and it felt good... I think it would be a good C1 for playboating and general messing around (blunts, cartwheels, maybe a loop)
I personaly think you should choose either a pure riverunner/creeker or freestyle machine... These mixtures usualy spoil the fun of both creeking and rodeo
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Keep in mind that not everyone wants to do just creeking or just playboating. I find that I actually paddle my X more than my Big Wheel because the X is far more versatile (for me anyway) and is more fun while actually river running. The Spice isn't a lot different than the X. I also have paddled the spice as a yak and thought it would be a fun C-1. Go for it!
B
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I think it depends a lot on what you like to do, and what rivers you boat.
That said...The best thing I ever did was to get out of the one-boat-does-it-all mode (X). I got an h3 for hard stuff and a tiny playboat for the play days. For me, and the way i like to paddle, both boats were light years ahead of the X in terms of the fun factor.....
Larry
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hello and thanks for your anwers!

I`m no playboater and no Creeker at all. I`m having a Finkenmeister for the (for me!) harder stuff and a Delirious to "Suck the fun out of low-water rivers while improving your river-running skills" (nice headline in rapidmagazine once) for the easy things.
What I`m looking for is a stable boat with a bit playability to use it on my pushier home river http://www.riverrunner.de/wp-content/DA ... urg210707/ .
Because my Delirious is to nervous there for my abilities I am using my creeker. But loving the fun in the Delirious I`m thinking I could have more fun on it with such a type of boat. So what do you think about my "with-question". Should the M be stable enough ?

Cheers Frank
imagine
liskahon
C Guru

Post by liskahon »

Well I personally think it will be even more stable than the Mamba u using (or is it Nomad??)
But the key thing to stability in a C1 is the height of the seat... From the pictures of you I can see that your seat is WAY too high... that might be the reason for the instability you feel... Try lowering your seat 1 or 2 inches and you will see the difference. It will be more painful for a while but you ll get used to it for sure.