ALF Roll Call

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cheajack
CBoats Addict

ALF Roll Call

Post by cheajack »

I can't stand it any longer. Can we consolidate here.
I'm coming in Friday the 7th hoping to boat Saturday the 8th. Staying at Sweetwater KOA probably with two others. Cell # 919-949-4576.
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

Jack:
I am coming in Friday I might bring some friends, I think we might get a room showers and drying cloths we can't refuse. Where is everyone meeting. I like meet up Friday with if possible strippers and beer, and Hey do you want a spark, I ant to sell mine for a Ocoee or Detentor? Just call me at home this week 276-579-9833.
Kevin
jottsee
Pain Boater

ALF

Post by jottsee »

So I will be coming in from Wisconsin. Bill and I, along with anyone who might be interested, are planning on paddling the Clear Fork from Brewster Bridge past Burnt Mill Bridge, to least the confluence with the New river as an overnighter. Both of us will be in new to us boats so it should be interesting(more for me than him). We may even go farther down the Big South Fork depending on how time is going. We plan to meet around 1300 at the put in. Anyone who is interested is welcome to join us, but we would like to limit the group to 10 boats.

We are planning to head down to Lenoir City to hang out with the rest of you fine folks for a couple of nights. I don't know if either of us have figured out where we are staying yet.

My cell is 414 five eight one 0741.

J.C.
jottsee
Pain Boater

Oh Yeah

Post by jottsee »

Of note:
Clear Fork - Sat 8th & Sun 9th.
then to ALF proper Mon 10th & Tues 11th.

J.C.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

ALF

Post by billcanoes »

Kevin,

any interest in french Broad 9 on Friday? I'm debating leaving fri and/sat morning for ALF,

Clear Fork Sat/Sun Big South Fork?? Sun???

hoping to get on clear creek
daddys creek
obed

those three seem pretty close thinking about them Mon/Tue

704 six 0 four 6687
Bill
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

Bill:
The plan is to leave at noon on friday for those that might accompany me, if they back-out I can meet at the FB friday morning hope to do Clear Creek/Obed and the Bigh South Fork. Sat/Sun.
Kevin
Louie

Carol said

Post by Louie »

to be at the Dinner Bell resturant right next to the interstate in Lenoir City Saturday morning. I'll have the stream flow, but considering that the Canadians will have driven all night they will want to do something close, Tellico, Little, Obed, Crooedk fork. Call me if you can't stand the suppence 803 319 1719
Jon
C Guru

Saturday

Post by Jon »

Louie:
We'll be arriving (3 of us) Friday night. What happend to your number from last year - 865 388 0915 - is it still good? Is there some place (your backyard?) where I could keep whichever boat I/we arn't paddling - bringing a tandem and a solo. And something a little sedate on Saturday and perhaps Sunday would be nice. GIve everyone (us) a chance to get the feel of the boat again after all these months off.
Jon & Dian
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

I will arrive late Tuesday ar early Wedensday.

Post by ChrisKelly »

Daddy's Creek will be very high on my list, but I am will to run easier stuff.

I don't think I want anything much harder than Daddy's or maybe Crookrd Fork.
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

Thanks Louie!!!!!

Stew's out of town until friday so I'll ask for him.....what time is good to show up at the Dinner Bell on Saturday morning? we are hoping to make it to Kentucky Friday night to get into striking distance
Don't know if the girls will want to paddle....just might after that much Nintendo DS
Their rust is off....pool sessions
Jon...who's the third person? yes I'm nosey :lol:
Jon
C Guru

3rd person

Post by Jon »

Hi Gail:

Shawn is coming with his Zoom (graduated up (down) from a Detonator). Scott is in China and can't make it, but there is gonna be a bunch! Hope enuf Gunuine Americains show up to make this an international affair rather than a Canadian Spring Break event.
Jon
pmp
CBoats Addict

roll call

Post by pmp »

Speaking for Mark S, Paul S, Gigi and myself. We'll be there tues morning mar 11 (if we can find our boats, there is about 4 feet of snow on the ground here)
see ya'll
Paul M
kneeler
C Guru

Post by kneeler »

I'll be meandering down from NYC area on Saturday.

Plan is to paddle in Charlotte on Sunday and to drive that evening to Asheville. I'll be looking to catch up with the ALF crowd on Monday.
craig
CBoats Addict

arrival time

Post by craig »

I hope to arrive Friday nite, or early Sat A.M. Dinner Bell it is for Saturday Meeting place; time, 9ish like last year? And what is a touke, this token N/S American is curious, or is that S/N American?
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

At least 1 from Brevard sat morning in lenoir city