AW against canoes?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

hey

Post by Louie »

squeek knee if you can't understand my letter let me know and I'll draw you a picture.
Louie

Photon

Post by Louie »

Spanish corrected

Louie's ( clero no predo)
Louie's wife's ( claro no puedo)

Wife did a spell check on me, but in all fairness to me the beaners pronounce e's as a's and a' as e's so I kinda only misspelled one word kinda , sorta , no?
msims
CBoats Addict

Re: Photon

Post by msims »

Louie wrote:Spanish corrected

but in all fairness to me the beaners pronounce e's as a's and a' as e's
AAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAH!

Louie, that was a well-written letter... Actually wasnt TOO bad I thought... would have been a good laugh, but I'd imagine all the good christian kayakers would have been downright offended, and AW prolly didnt want to deal with the backlash.

"I take great offence to calling kayaking a sissy sport" blah blah blah
Roger
C Guru

Post by Roger »

Man, oh, man! Louie just eviscerated the heck out of someone with that piece of prose. But now we know that he can spell! Nice job, Louie!
Bernie
C Guru

the message

Post by Bernie »

I have a great deal of respect for the Lugbills, Hearns, Sweets, Walbridges, Whitesells, Spanglers, Pschos, etc., etc., etc., but I have more respect for the paddler that brings more c-boaters together than any other that I have known. Your the man Louie!
The golf thing doesn't fly, you will go out strokin' not swingin' 8) .

Your letter was fantastic!
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

"dear fellow idiots..." + http://boatertalk.com/forum/BoaterTalk/1463143 = http://boatertalk.com/forum/BoaterTalk/1463465 :lol:

sorry I missed "it" A-G-A-I-N... maybe next year.
Louie

Thanks

Post by Louie »

dam Bernie. Thanks. good group you put me but ain't sure I measure up . BTW I was just kiddin about the golf thing.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Good to have you back, Craig. I was wondering what the Smerda was going on. A controversial post on BT, and you're nowhere near it? It was almost like visiting the Liquid Lounge and NOT thinking, "Boy, I should switch sports -- or maybe planets."

You know, one of my favorite moments on the NY Giants "America's Game" 1986 video is Bill Parcells saying, "Once in a while there was a confrontation. But really not that many." And then they cut to clip after clip of him cursing out a whole selection of players and refs!

I think it will be the same when they make the 50 year anniversary video of Cboats.net. Louie and Craig will be on there saying, "Once in a while, there was some controversy. But really not all that much." (Cut to a 50 post BT thread).

Alden
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: boatin

Post by Craig Smerda »

Alden wrote:Good to have you back, Craig. I was wondering what the Smerda was going on. A controversial post on BT, and you're nowhere near it? It was almost like visiting the Liquid Lounge and NOT thinking, "Boy, I should switch sports -- or maybe planets."

You know, one of my favorite moments on the NY Giants "America's Game" 1986 video is Bill Parcells saying, "Once in a while there was a confrontation. But really not that many." And then they cut to clip after clip of him cursing out a whole selection of players and refs!

I think it will be the same when they make the 50 year anniversary video of Cboats.net. Louie and Craig will be on there saying, "Once in a while, there was some controversy. But really not all that much." (Cut to a 50 post BT thread).

Alden
:lol:

[img]http://www.flyingsquirrels.org/images/J ... s_Kick.jpg[/img]
havefun

Post by havefun »

Michael (Louie) Lewis,
I respect your right to an opinion and even understand wanting people to be educated about the differences in sports. If we just use generic terms, then a ballgame becomes what? However, being an aficionado of fun and recreation I do find your verbal abuse of “other” sports idiotic. Do you boat to prove something or because it is enjoyable? You speak of compensating with a longer paddle. However, you seem to be the one that has some kind of hidden issue by bashing a sport that plays in the same arena you desire to protect. Wouldn’t this energy be better utilized in doing something worthwhile like protecting watersheds, cleaning up the environment or maybe being a positive influence to one wanting to learn all aspects of this wonderful opportunity we have? You also speak of “sissy-sticks and skirts.” Why bash other’s enjoyment? You probably wear a skirt now. I assume you are not younger, by your bias attitude. You are probably one of those who preach to only buy American. The world has changed...sensored by Admin.... And, as you mention, when you are too old for this you’ll take up golf. Does wearing a skirt in a C-1 put you on the road towards golf? Enjoy what you’ve got and let others have fun along the way.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Okay folks Admins are weighing in here and now.

Personal attacks are not and will not be tolerated on this board. Particularly those that are derogatory in nature and / or focusing on ones family - END OF STORY.

Keep it civil, light and humorous! I'm sure Mr. Lewis and Mr. Meral can defend themselves.... if need be. Personally I saw underlining humor in both letters to the editor and felt they were both written with a twinkle in the eye of the writer. However, AW most likely did not print the second letter just because of SOME of the posts that are now being generated. They are, and as far as I can tell, will always be an inclusive organization.

We (the Admins) have been following the posts on this "subject" line on this and other forums and know that for some this is a touchy and personal issue. That said please be respectful of others when posting. Disagreements are fine and we can all learn from the discourse with others.

I'm going to leave the posts to date up ... but edited...so other can understand our point of view but the line has been drawn - please stay on the nice side of it!

Stirring the pot to spice things up is fine... adding toxins is NOT!

Keep it civil please! Thank you from one of the masses sitting back thinking "were do they get the time"! :wink:

Paul C.
Last edited by PAC on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
jim gross
CBoats Addict

dern it

Post by jim gross »

controversy and some one else gets the credit. i love brutal honesty. opinionated people are easy to hate. i have always been this way. and people either have loved me or hated my opinions. out spokeness useualy goes hand in hand with honesty. bravo. the slighting remarks of handicaped, skirt wearers is what probably kept the letter out of AW but i seriously dought loiue believed they would print that letter with derogatory kayaker remarks. i understand his/your feelings loiue. i am a C-1er and want to get back into the open boats again that i started this sport in. nothing like the challenge of creekin or even the upper G in an open boat. JIM
Louie

Admin

Post by Louie »

You for sure read my letter correct and thanks for the block but really who would take too much to serious on the internet. I say let "Have fun" have his say. It is clear that he doesn't know me ( the remark about assumin I've switched to a skirt kinda show that) and not sure about the positive part but I have for sure influnced a few boaters. The fact it was his first post ...well at least I got another person on this site even if I think they are a Kayaker. I hope that last remark isn't taken as a personal attack
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

This is enoungh for me to skip my annual family Flolida (kids spring break) vacation next March and come to ALF :) . I need to meet, paddle and learn from you legends!
Louie

TOG

Post by Louie »

it is "WHERE do they get the time" If you goin to start spellin like me we're goin to have to block you from readin my post. Oh about the time thing I'm at work, ain't you?