Is the Cascade the greatest c1 ever?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Is the Cascade the greatest c1 ever?

Post by oopsiflipped »

If not, what should I move into? I'm not really looking for playability. I'm talking big water and creeking. Weighing less would be good, too. I outfitted a Mafia and paddled it twice before I realized I was too heavy for it and the boat is too narrow.
Louie

Well

Post by Louie »

Andy Bridge would keep usin the Cascade on creek even after the Atom came out. It is stable as hades a lot like being on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

thought the Cascade went out with the 8-Track, Nash Rambler, and fidelity...i'd honestly look under conversions (search boats) and search past postings (a bunch)... there's been a lot of progress made since this one came out
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

For creeking either go Finkenmeister or go conversion....

Otherwise, my votes for "best all around boat" (for river-running, not creeking) would go to the Sith and the Viper (C1, not slalom C1 or OC1).
Keep the C!
Adam
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

I haven't been terribly impressed with the Fink, but I have only paddled it in a pool. It feels like a pig compared to the Cascade. I think I'm headed in the mega-rocker or jefe grande direction, but I need to paddle them at least as kayaks first. Oh yeah, and come up with a pile of money. Anyone want to buy a Spanish Fly? :wink:
jim gross
CBoats Addict

hahahah

Post by jim gross »

i used spanish fly once. problem was i was alone. BWAHA HAHAHAHA the cascade was a oreing boat. but it was ma all around boat of choice when i did a mexico trip. paddled the best water of ma life that trip. JIM
oldpaddler
c

Cascade, Best Boat?

Post by oldpaddler »

Dunno, but it's a nice step up when training girl scout paddlers to go from Blue Holes, to XL-14's, to (a bunch of solo open boats) to their first decked boat, in Class II to III (well, sorta III minus...) Could be why two outta three of my daughters have Cascades....
Paddling Adult Volunteer for Girl Scouts

Three simple rules of paddling:
1) Open side up
2) Pointy end downstream
3) It's always your partner's fault
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Based on rather brief trials in each, I liked the Magnet more than the Cascade. A plastic Magnet would have been a good creeker, though in need of shortening. Andy Bridge had beat his composite Magnet pretty bad on a bunch of creeks by the time I tried it.