Bell canoes at sierra trading post

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Jim P
C Guru

Bell canoes at sierra trading post

Post by Jim P »

They have Ocoees in stock Not a great savings when you figure in shipping but something...Quoted beow.

Bell Canoe 11'2" Ocoee Royalex Canoe with Vinyl Rigging
$911.25 $1,215.00 Save 25% Item #1148R

# 2nds. Quite possibly Bell Canoe's most popular whitewater canoe, the Ocoee takes on aggressive rivers and moderate whitewater with composure. Hard edges provide a lively performance for crisp turns
# Formerly produced by Dagger
# Royalex construction
# Vinyl gunwale
# Weight capacity: 500 lb.
# Length: 11'2"
# Width: 29"
# Depth: 15-½"
# Weight: 43 lb.
# Material: Vinyl and ABS (Royalex)
# 2nds. USA.
# Boat may come with minor cosmetic blemishes from shipping, not unlike those that will be incurred on the first outing. To ensure your satisfaction, please inspect upon arrival and notify Sierra Trading Post on delivery date of any problems. Additional Shipping Charges: $125. Must ship via truck within the continental U.S. only. Cannot be applied to special shipping offers.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

A link. A lot of interesting boats that are still too expensive for me!

Looks like a Bell Canoe swan song? I heard they were sold but not sure to whom...
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Keep the C!
Adam
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Yep, ORC is a manufacturing Co., they make all kinds of different things like snowshoes and tactical gear. I was at the New factory in LaCrosse last year after Open Canoe Nationals, I think it will be great for Bell as a company. The way that it used to be run was pretty poor. these new guys seem to want to do better, and they have Dave Kruger, From Wenonah Canoe running the show now. He knows his stuff and actually gets things done. I worked for a shop that sold both Bell and Wenonah, Bell was really a hard company to work with. It is interesting that they are now selling their 2nds to Sierra. good for the consumer not for the retailer though.
B
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Looks like I misinterpreted that - I didn't notice that they were all seconds, I thought it looked like an inventory liquidation. I hope things work out - they have one of the most popular WW OC-1s and a number of very interesting flatwater boats...