Cheat Canyon on Saturday 7/5 anyone?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Big Al
CBoats Addict

Cheat Canyon on Saturday 7/5 anyone?

Post by Big Al »

Hoping water level doesn't drop any further and taking two Jersey OC1'rs down for their first time....heck, I may even provide the usual entertainment, as well.
Hoping to put on about 11am or so. Give me call to connect if interested:
412-401-5003
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

They're supposed to get some rain out there. The Cheat could come up a good bit. I'll be out that way but not on the Cheat.

Alden
MotorCityOC-1
C Guru

Cheat Sat, Savage Sun!

Post by MotorCityOC-1 »

AL

FYI, I think the Savage is running this Sunday too. This is just a public service announcement- I can't find a single soul to carpool with from MI :cry: , or else I'd be up for this weekend fer sure.

K
Big Al
CBoats Addict

cheat

Post by Big Al »

the jersey guys woosed out......it rained all day in ohiopyle (so I was told) so they didn't even paddle...I guess moping around a damp campsite was overwhlmingly depressing and it got to them.

just can't figure out why someone would drive that far (300 miles? that ain't far) to do so little.

MotorCity dude, I wish you'd been here.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

*Rain* kept *paddlers* in camp?! Confiscate their boats and send their rain down here! I'm dancing as hard as I can... Not looking forward to the French Broad at <400CFS for the OC Downriver Nats...
Jim P
C Guru

Rain - stayed in camp

Post by Jim P »

I was camping this weekend too. I think I had dry feet for about one hour.... Did I boat - Hades Yea. Lets see - sit around in camp and be wet. Get in river and be wet. Hum, no contest. July 4th - two of us on the Yough - never saw another soul - even on the shuttle bus. :o
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Yep the weather got some flows up! The Big Sandy looked to be up and I'm curious how the YU looked? Anyone go play there?
We met up with Al on Sun for a run on the Savage (est the cfs at ~1450 8) ).
A great ride for the boy and I - even though we put a hole in the OC2 after we got through the hard stuff and had to walk out. :cry:
There are some really shap rocks in the sucker! :o
But great fun!
Jim, Al got me the bags thanks - i think I can get them to work. Thanks!
Great weekend! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!