Perfect allrounder

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Col
Pain Boater

Perfect allrounder

Post by Col »

Hi,

I am looking to by an Open boat, my criteria are as follows.

Able to cruise on flat water with two people or paddled solo and take some gear camping.

Be able to run upto class 3 - 4 max whitewater both with two people or as a solo.

Be quite light weight.

Any ideas?

Thanks Col
C - UNIT..!
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

I think there's a new boat out made by a company called 'Perfect Canoe', I believe the model name is also 'Perfect Canoe'. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any info on these new boats. If you do, please share.
B
LEW
C Guru

Post by LEW »

Vertige X may work?
Unless you can get hold of one of those "Perfects".
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

The very first boat that popped in my head (and there is plenty of room there for popping! :D ) is the Caption. Also, check out the Wenonah and Esquif lines of boats.

It's a tall order to want a wilderness tripping/camping/cruising boat for tandem/solo paddling that can run class 3+/4 whitewater as a tandem boat. I can only see that one boat will do both jobs fairly mediocre and not be much fun for either. But I AM a sticker-carrying member of "Team Old Guy", so I could just be acting my age while exercising my right to opinionate. :wink:

Keep us informed of boats you're thinking about.

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

That perfect boat would be the AC/DC.
jk