Prophet outfitting backwards

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Atucky
CBoats Addict

Prophet outfitting backwards

Post by Atucky »

I saw Louie's comment in another post about a friend outfitting his Prophet backwards. Made me wonder which way mine is outfitted.

How can you tell which way dagger boats are supposed to be outfitted? Is it by the lettering? Should the lettering (name of boat) be at the stern or bow?

I know the rocker on the prophet is greater on one end, it that supposed to be the bow according to the factory? What would the benefits be of turning it around?
Adam Trunnell
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Serial number is in the stern.
Bill M
C Guru

Bow

Post by Bill M »

The high rocker end is the bow. Baily once said if you take water over the bow you know you're in BIG water.
People then either loved or hated the Prophet not to many fence sitters.
Bill
Louie

front rounded back has edges ( sorta)

Post by Louie »

harder chime in the back of the Phrofit, would grab and flip you when you least exspected it, by outfittin the boat backwards you have the Chimes in front of you where you needed them. Bailey doing that to one of Steve's design made him the second most pissed off I'd ever seen except for the time me and Pablo took his lastest design for a butt boat and Pablo had me start puttin weight on it and changin it shape. Steve saw us doin it and said " you ain't even paddled it yet" to which Pablo replied well I can already see where the problems are goin to be.
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

ncdavid wrote:Serial number is in the stern.
What he said...
SYOTR