Liquid Logic Session

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

wannabe whitewater girl
c

Liquid Logic Session

Post by wannabe whitewater girl »

Hi - can anyone tell me if a Liquid Logic Session would make a good C-1? (http://www.kayaknews.ca/yak/boats/Liqui ... sion.shtml)
Thanks!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I've tried one, but it was a few years ago. I remember the hull being pretty narrow, but LL has a nice cockpit opening for C-1. It's no slower than my Big EZ C-1 & I think I remember it surfing a little better. Just don't open your mouth while surfing. When the water comes across the deck & hits that ramp in front of the cockpit, it'll shoot up & hit you HARD in the face :o Thought it was going to flush drown me :(
AYockey
C Guru

It's the best

Post by AYockey »

The Session and the Delirious are two of the best C1 play machines ever created. I have one in Manhattan and just went on the Mongaup this past weekend. I have been paddling it for a few years on rivers in the SE but got completely spanked on the Ocoee (no injuries, just a very bad day). It does have it's limitations but with skill and proper outfitting it could be the greatest conversion ever. You can search for me on this forum and see I am a huge Session proponent. Unfortunately, I may have out grown it and am looking to move to a Cross River maybe.

Ask Barry Kennon, he won worlds in one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJ00GQpLWQ
"The mark of a successful man is one that has sat at his favorite playspot all day without feeling guilty about it."
-Modified Chinese Proverb
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Thanks for posting that - awesome paddling, music wasn't bad either... That's how Quarry used to be...