European Armada 09 - please respond

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

Yups, here are my pictures to
http://picasaweb.google.com/open.canoe. ... 905Armada#

I might be making a video composition later on. Can I use images from you guys too, or are there constraints?

Great week of paddling!!
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

@ Florian: My thoughts too - my pictures aren't as great as last years and the years before. I'm not quite sure why.

From all the pictures I took I have only one favorite:
[img]http://www.kanumagazin.de/sixcms/media. ... 125551.jpg[/img]

Is it because there was no really special photo spot like last years weirs at the Bregenzer or the spot on the Vorderrhein near former surf city or the "Schwarzes Loch"?

@ jakke: take any of my pictures you like for your video compilation and put my name in the credits :wink:

Anyway, we had fun out there, and now I indulge myself in your pictures. I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for posting.
"A canoe trip?" he said. "There ain't nothing to go down there for."
"Because it's there," Lewis said.

(James Dickey, Deliverance)
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

k, thanks, I will.

And maybe you have only one favorite, but you must admit it is a really nice shot!

I'm already happy to have some shots of me in a non-artificial environment ;-). but the really true exotic shots are quite rare from what I've seen up till now.
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Taniwha, That is an awesome photo! It is always great to see what we're missing out on in the Alps. I'm saving up for a trip over there, but how to convince the wife ???? Thanks to all of you for sharing your photos!
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

hey guys, you forgot that my pictures are still to be put online! I worked hard to get the best out of the even photographically not so spectacular things we did - and at least for some pictures I did a good job, so there will be some more shots, that you, jakke, can use, too

just give me one more week, please, since at the time I'm busy for 24-7 with university, job and training

@ craig: you can convince your wife with spectacular landscapes to hike and cycle, nice farms who have holiday rooms for tourists, some castles (Schloss Neuschwanstein is just one of them), delicious bavarian and austrian food, history, museums - whatever she is interested in - be creative ;) or teach her paddling[/quote]
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
blaze where I put my paddle
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

Hi Insolence,

Ok, I'll wait for your images, no problem ;-). I'll be using quite some time selecting and cropping images, fixing video sequences, .... . I'll do my best to make a nice video of what I have.

Does anyone know there are some pics of the Salzach as well? I think there are pictures of about every section we paddled, except for Salzach?
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

I don't know about the other group who did it first, but when I was there, we didn't take photos, since there is no eddy where aa photorgapher can settle and the risk of loosing the equipment in case of a capsize was too high - very big and fast water!

There was no good spot neither, except the giant wave (but there was no eddy to get oneself positioned)
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
Toolboxafloat
c

Post by Toolboxafloat »

I am really looking forward to seeing your pictures, Sabrina (though I am still grumbling by the fact that you took none as I passed you by swimming behind my boat in the Koenigseer Ache...)

Axel
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

Hey, so at least everyone thinks you're a paddling hero having all under perfect control :P

don't worry, the next time I'll be as downright ruthless as I usually am :evil: and get it all banned on my chip with three pictures per sec, including everything: that funny expression on your face when falling in, you cursing and ruddering with the arms after getting out of the canoe
:lol:
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hehehe, and I like your picture of me a lot, Jakke. It shows exactly the moment where I think: Oh f%& ! I forgot doing a high brace again! :lol:

Last edited by fez on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imagine
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

fez wrote:Hehehe, and I like your picture of me a lot, Jakke. It shows exactly the moment where I think: O f%&, I forgot doing a high brace again! :lol:

I wanted to make some really cool shots of people hitting that foam pile and making a really tight eddy turn. Unfortunately nobody did that while I was there ready to shoot! But indeed, I did get a chance to shoot some other niche pics. It's also selected for the video clip I think ;-).

The pics might not be as spectacular as last year, but there do are some really cool ones amongst them!

When I see it now, I should modify brightness/contrast a little on this one, it's a bit too light.
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

Artdeseaux Photography proudly presents:

first pictures about the ECBA online! Enjoy fine paddling and fine photography here:

http://picasaweb.google.de/artdeseaux.photography

there are pics from first and second day, further pixel productions will follow!

In case you want a picture full quality, tell me number (in chronological order, so say pic #2, if you want the second one)....or title (within the following days I will number or entitle them, just hadn't found the time yet)
and order at artdeseaux.photography@googlemail.com

C Boaters rock!!!
yours, sabrina
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
funkidreadz
C Guru

Post by funkidreadz »

Hey Sabrina,
Geile fotolis, mein lieblings sind;
See you all next year
James
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Insolence, very enjoyable viewing!

Well done, great shots. Thank you.

Keep up the good work.
"A canoe trip?" he said. "There ain't nothing to go down there for."
"Because it's there," Lewis said.

(James Dickey, Deliverance)
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

thanks!!!!

I'm happy if my pictures offer some pleasure to the onlookers, that's what they are there for :P

but they woldn't be that good if I hadn't had such nice and stylish models! Especially that guy with the violet zoom, he was one of the best :wink:
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames