Can someone local in Lenoir City verify if the Dinner Bell

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Can someone local in Lenoir City verify if the Dinner Bell

Post by cmnypny »

is closed based on this in my other thread:
I heard that the Dinner Bell in LC was closed. Is there a designated/suggested meeting spot?
I dialed the number for it and it is no longer in service.

So we might need a Plan "B" which becomes the new Plan "A".

And for the record I Ain't Organizin Nuthin ... just trying to make sure that a bunch of people with purdy boats don't get confused when they try and go for breakfast!
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

There is a truck stop at that exit that has food, etc.

Post by Wendy »

I don;t live up there so can't go get the name, but maybe someone else could.
Otcanitro
c

'pers to be a cracker barrell, shoney's, krystal, and a Waff

Post by Otcanitro »

le house.

and as Louie said, the Dinner Bell Parking lot is not closed.
Louie

Post by Louie »

With no plan A no plan B is needed if you are drivin around Lenoir City with a canoe on your truck someone will get you attention, if you see truck with a boat get their attention, the worst that can happen is you are lost with someone else.
this is a Vacation, no plans, origanization, whislte, or watches are needed. We boat ever day that is the plan. If it is daylight we boat, if it is dark we drink. this ain't Canada or United States this is one of the Confederate States of America we are very laid backed, what happens happens, don't worry about it till it does.
I think along with the weather, worry is one of the main reason, you and the Yankee have such bad health. We can at least contribute our to fatty food, smoke, and drinkin.
Take it easy don't worry it will always work out and if it don't it won't be gettin no cherry cause we have all been there before. Leave the watches and whisltle at home remeber you boat and paddle forget you plans and worry.
From the dinner bell parking lot you can see about 20 places to eat breakfast
MikeOC1
C Guru

Post by MikeOC1 »

I drive by it every day. its definitely closed. The parking lot is still open and clear. I will double check tommorow.
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

Ah Louie, ya gotta give us Canadians some time to adjust...... we are just not use to getting on the spring river whenever..... hades up here you got a window on a sunny day of 10 to 3; outside of that the river freezes on yer boat :lol:

You got lots of patience for us watch wearing, map carring Canucks and I do want to than you for showing us the southern style. That first day last year on the Tremont in the snow......that was cool of you guys to take the crew out.

Don't mind our orgo-speek, check lists are like a comfort blanket.....once they get down there and settled they'll fit right in. hades, my daughter can't understand why the teachers don't understand that "she'll get there were she gets there" and she only made two trips down south....... you guys do it up right :wink:
I'm sure going to miss not being there......2010 for sure
Have a blast everyone!
MikeOC1
C Guru

Post by MikeOC1 »

visual confirmation today dinner bell closed but the parking lot is open and clear.
CaroleW.
C Guru

Louie affectionately

Post by CaroleW. »

calls us the Northern Americans. We're piled up with the Wisconsin boys. And if it's anywhere colder than 10 C (less than 16F) IT"S TOO dam COLD! (Louie-speak) So there's a clear line of Northern and Southern. And your right Gail, the fact that the boys went to Tremont in snow is a huge effort, almost heroic.

I'm going to miss you guys. As with Gail, I'm in for 2010 or sooner if I can't wait til then

Carole
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

I have a feeling that based on the number I have seen in the contact list I am making that the Soaring Eagle campground will most likely become the new meeting place.

I am sure with the internet access we will have that discussions about possible trips based on skill levels / wish lists will materialize during dinner / drinking / campfire time will be formulated.

This will make it easier for the masses to depart from there!
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Colin, I thought you said yew warnt orgaizizin anyting! As louie said just show up ,be willin to change direction, your clothes etc, etc, etc......
Have no expectashuns uther than meetin sum grate folks an paddlin sum graet rivers. You will have FUN, and it is an adventure.
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

Well I must be sick due to the lack of paddling since mid-november!

I need some water therapy and by doing this I know where the folks are going to be!

My stuff is almost packed just have some boat repair to do.

Technically it still is Ain't Louie Fest :roll: and Louie ain't organiz nutin :D

If you want ... you can call it Colin Fest 8)

Oh and a big thanks to my new facebook buddies ... so be safe and see you in T - 9 days

First beer is on Craig!
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Still hopin two mayk itt, iff I kan. I'll Bring some beers but if more come i'll need a bigger van