Tellico tuesday

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TonyB
CBoats Addict

Tellico tuesday

Post by TonyB »

after a wonderful day on the tellico I come away with so much but am without aNorse Paddle that last I saw was stuck in Jered's Knee, If anyone finds it Please Call 267-879-8455

I didnt get a chance to label it has previous owners name of Wright on the blade.
Proud Yankee
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Hey Tony,

It was great paddling with you today. I hope your paddle turns up. What a great day on Tellico. It was awesome to get to run it with so many canoers.

Dooley
Louie

wELL

Post by Louie »

SWIMMING mEXICAN HAD A GREAT DAY AND HE NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO THE RIVER. I found my boat he was buyin from me and manage to have stolden. It isn't goin to cost him a penny, but the dumb butt from Madisonville who stold it is proberly goin to end up payin.

Note to self: don't sell stolden boats to TWRA game warden who work the same river the boat was stolden on.

It was a pretty good one for me too I ended up sellin the Ranger a boat to replace the stolden on he gave back to me.
ckingoc1
C Guru

Post by ckingoc1 »

What a great day!Lots of canoes, good water,great time . I'm still grinning :D
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

That was an awesome day thanks to all that helped me step up, and lead me down on that day and others it was a great trip.

people like Dooley and Mick give such confidence when you get talked into things by Looie. And watchin others step up with you in open boats followin similar lines instead of taggin along with people operating a diffrent kind of watercraft really makes a diffrence.

I guess
also thanks to the guy in the Black fly who "I was told" Rangled my boat after I swam at Jered's.

After a couple days rest, re-outfit and re-armed with paddle (that has my name on it). Im off to hit my local First release on the tohickon.

I'll be sure to bring everything I learned and shant forget to "STAND UP! GEEEEET YEER BOAT!"
Proud Yankee
Louie

Post by Louie »

tony and all the other people under the age of forty who were here. Thanks. When people like you and the young man from Alabama who go the extra mile and do that extra work that is required to be an open boater or a single sticker you give us older folks hope and make us feel like our work ain't been in vain. To Pete and other over the age of fortygroup who are still out there doin the hard runs when we have every reason in the world just to take it easy and wimp out thanks to you too cause you know you are inspirein us youguns. Four or five times I heard someone say, "hades I got to to run it that old guy just did" Pete when a 56 year old steps up to the plate and runs a new hard river when it would have been the easy thing to just blow off the hard and do the easy, you show the difference between us and the butt boaters, remember that large steaming pile of dog doo is easy with two blades. Clay Wright, Sue Tate and the whole "American Kayaker" club can say single stickin is dead all they want to but we showed them that we ain't dead and the new ones come up are just as ballsy and we are goin to be around a long time and by just bein on the river we highlight the difference between those people who are lookin fo the easy, safe, way and those who have enought pride to do it the right way and run with a single blade. Don't worry about our numbers. Turkeys flock in great number and are aways seen in a group with no real invdivual personality, but Eagle are always spoted alone, soarin high and are reconized as an indivual inity. Also like the Eagle and the Turkey, if we every had a national boat to symiblize America it wouldn't be the run of the mill, one is just like every other one, where is my nose plugs, my dress has a rip in it, does this full face helment make my butt look bigger, buttboater.

Long live the ACA, death to the American Kayaker.
dam the union the Souther right to rule itself is a God given right.
Canoers shop at American Eagle, but kayaker dress out of Turkeys R us.
Free Qubice, ( and send it over to France )
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

you know Louie, I started as BB and stay stalled out on class II for 3 years. It took cuttin open the top of the boat and losing a blade to jump to what we paddled this past week. Id still never run things like crooked or Jareds knee in what a griend of mine refers to as a double bladed coffin.
Proud Yankee
Louie

Post by Louie »

double bladed coffin, that is good , may I use it?
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

by all means.
actually it was a death yak boater refering to a hard boat as a coffin. The double blade was just added.
Kinda fits tho?
Proud Yankee