ALF 2010

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

ALF 2010

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Hey,

I hope everyone had an awesome time at ALF. We had good water, good weather and I got to meet a lot of new open boaters.

I have one idea to make ALF 2010 even better:

An official banquet at Calhoun's

I know we eat there every year but next year I'm going to get a private room and have an official dinner there so everyone who comes can be at the same place at the same time. We will probably put up a big screen and play videos or rotate pics from the week's paddling. Also, we should raffle an Esquif boat off there.

The beauty of ALF is that it is unorganized and people can stay anywhere and paddle anywhere they want to but it would be fun for everyone to get together at the same place at least once. I'll make it happen to keep it simple.

Look forward to seeing everyone in 2010!

Dooley

PS- I'm going to get Mark Scriver, Paul Mason, Andrew & Carole, Al and Steward back down next year. We missed you guys this year and you missed some awesome water.
Louie

Thanks

Post by Louie »

Thanks Dooley I hope next year I won't be in Mexico that close to ALF. The Banquet hall I had was great the first year and would be great if we oculd come up with something like that again.
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

I tell ya, it was a mistake to miss ALF and come heck or high water we're going next year. Dooley, Stew was drooling over the vids of little clear.......
as for the banquet, or anything else y'all think is good and un-organized :wink: , we're in.

cheers, and post more pictures!!!!!!!!
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Sounds good Gail. Tell Stew I said hi. I'll look forward to boating with you guys next year.
CaroleW.
C Guru

For sure!

Post by CaroleW. »

Hey Dooley,

We'll be there next year! Andrew really missed the famous Calhoun's ribs. We needed to buy more of their sauce. Hey Louie, any way Swiminmexican can get us more of that "Iguana Sauce"?
We polished off that big bottle ages ago.

Cheers!
Carole
Louie

Post by Louie »

Sure I saw one of the little critter in the garden I'll catch him, get some tomaotes, a few chillies and a blender and we are in business.

Dooley Bill johnson is a big wig with the family company of
Calhounds and as much as he swims he is almost a canoest we should call him.
CaroleW.
C Guru

Louie,

Post by CaroleW. »

Make sure the Iguana is well roasted first!

BTW, have a new lady boater here that is learning to butt boat but looked great when trying the Taureau. Any words you can tell her to switch to single-blading?
Louie

Post by Louie »

Just give me her phone number and body measurements, also include a photo with a face shot, for helpin her with boat selection
CaroleW.
C Guru

Now, now...

Post by CaroleW. »

That's not going to help the cause, sir. No way I can tell her that to get her to convert!
pmp
CBoats Addict

snowy canadians

Post by pmp »

yeah, we're all a little hard to get along with this march break knowing you guys were out playin'. all the video that was posted made it worse;-)
-hey did Louie pass out those ALF 09 stickers?
cheers
Paul
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

I got mine! :D

nice job paul
Joe
pmp
CBoats Addict

ADF 2010

Post by pmp »

ain't Dooley fest. '010 has a nice ring to it. great to hear your on it for party venue.
paul
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

It should be Dooley fest. Makes sense that a paddling fest be named after a great paddler and not just a mediocre swimmer.
Louie

Post by Louie »

You want to do a swim off?
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

As long as there is more water than rocks. How bout you come to Idyho and we can have the swim off on the Lochsa at 15k cfs?

hades Louie, I'll talk smack about your boating all day long, but we all know you can stand up in shallow water faster then durn near anyone :P