Kevlar Sunburst

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

vzap
C Boater

Kevlar Sunburst

Post by vzap »

I finally got the Kevlar Sunburst I've had my eye on for several months and would like to get more info on its original layout. It is presently rigged w/ a solo pedistal but it has holes drilled into the gunnels as if there had been a seat mounted in the front and in the rear. If anyone out there CBoat world knows anything about this boat or knows anyone who might please PM me.
Thanks,
Vince Zappia
Zap Paddles
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Maybe it had a perception saddle hung from the thwarts?
vzap
C Boater

Post by vzap »

Didn't explain the situation properly. There are three holes in the gunnel on each side of the boat and on each end of the boat; 12 holes total. Sort of like there might have been an adjustable seat fore and aft.

See ya at ALF again next year.
Zap Paddles
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

The original Sunburst I had (the "1") had a solo kneeling thwart mounted to the gunwales. Could be yours had a tandem setup that way? There may be marks a few inches below those holes where the thwarts would have rubbed against the hull.

More $0.02,

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
vzap
C Boater

Post by vzap »

That's a logical explaination. I'll check for the marks.

Thanks
Zap Paddles